𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟳, BETRAYAL

𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

HADN'T ELARA TAKEN a vow to stick beside Klaus through thick and thin she wouldn't have given a second thought to pointing a finger at him

HADN'T ELARA TAKEN a vow to stick beside Klaus through thick and thin she wouldn't have given a second thought to pointing a finger at him. But she did and it just so happens that she knew him better than anyone else in that room.

Even his own brother.

She didn't believe he killed Aiden. At least not because he chose the wolves over him, and that's only if he did, which she highly doubted.

He half expected her to turn on him like all the others, but she didn't. The only problem was that she didn't tell him that. She knew that she trusted him, but because everyone else pointed at him he assumed she did too.

Elara packed their things into their bags again, tears falling down her face.

She loved him so much, she believed in him, and she believed he could protect them from everything except this.

Elara had never walked out on him. She never shut the door in his face as he had done to her many times. But now she finally understood the pain he felt leaving her many times before like she was now.

"We have to go," Hayley said from behind her. "Elijah's keeping Klaus away." Elara laughed wiping her tears away.

"Right, like anyone could keep him away."

"He can. He used the dagger."

Elara made a sharp turn. "What?"

"Klaus would catch up and he'd ruin everything. Elara, this is good, okay? He killed Aiden, he's unstable, we don't need him," Hayley grabbed her sister's hands.

Elara shook her head, "but he di- I've never betrayed him," she shrugged and Hayley nodded. She had been one of the lucky few to watch Elara and Klaus' story, and she knew how true that was.

Elara had never once gone against Klaus. Ever.

And that's why he was so hurt and did what he had done.

Elara trampled through the woods with a pack of werewolves following her. Hope seemed to catch onto her mood and they were both grumpy and sad the entire trail.

They both missed Klaus.

Elara sniffed walking up to Hayley and Jackson in front of her. "Can we stop? I need to feed her. She needs a break from this?" Elara paused to adjust Hope.

"There's a hideout about a half mile south of here. Grab some guys to watch your back. We'll make a perimeter," Elara nodded and Jackson caught her before she turned away. "For Hope," he said and she just nodded before taking off with some of the wolves following and Hayley leading them.

They got to the cabin and settled in as best as they could. Elara got a bottle ready for Hope and changed her while she ate. She hovered over Hope in her crib and smiled softly.