𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟮, BABY STEPS

𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺

DROWNING IS WAITING FOR the water to consume your lungs and fill every inch of your body keeping you from breathing

DROWNING IS WAITING FOR the water to consume your lungs and fill every inch of your body keeping you from breathing. That's one thing that Stefan Salvatore knew as he drowned continuously. Over and over again.

Only 3 things held him back from taking away all of the pain.

His brother.

The love of his life.

And...his best friend.

"LISTEN UP YOU UNHINGED BLOOD CRAZY BUNNY EATING RIPPER! I know you see me calling you 500 times a day. You can ignore Damon and Elena and everyone else, but not me. I'm not everyone. I'm Elara. I come before everyone and everything. Answer the phone!"

She threw her phone onto her bed, letting out a scream into her pillow.

She felt the baby kick roughly as if she was telling Elara to hush.

"Rude. Uncle Stefan's being a dick. Not my fault."

Her bedroom door opened and she was met with ocean blue eyes. "What's with the shouting, little wolf?"

She sat up tossing her pillow at him. "My best friend is dead," she sighed. "That's gotta be it. There's no way he's ignoring me just to ignore me. Something's wrong," she rushed out.

Klaus smiled at her rambling. "I think if he was dead your friends would've called," he walked over to her bed placing the pillow down.

She tilted her head up watching him from the side. His dimples. She loved them. It made him look less...angry.

He had long eyelashes and rosy cheeks. When he felt her stare he started to blush under her gaze. Elara didn't realize. She was too busy studying him.

He was...pretty.

Her dislike for him made her always see him as an annoying chicken. Now when she can't find a reason to hate him, she sees him.

He's not too bad, she thought.

"How's the baby?"

She wasn't surprised he was asking. It was his usual question every morning. Even when she's said the same thing every day. Fine. He didn't care. Just hearing her voice and knowing that their baby was, in fact, fine was more than enough.

But today was different.

"I think she hates me," Elara laughed. He smiled and her face fell normal. "It's scary," she whispered. She noticed his confused look and continued. "Raising a kid. Doing it all on my own. My mom never carried a child of her own so asking her about it is impossible, and growing up I was mostly raised by my father. My mom's a lawyer, big on work. Dad stayed home, took jobs where he could, and did his best with what he could. I don't know how to be a mother. Especially on my own."