𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮, IT'S FINE. GOODNIGHT.

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"YOU NEVER COULD keep your mouth shut

"YOU NEVER COULD keep your mouth shut."

Klaus sprung his eyes open to see the beauty in front of him with a smile on her face. A slight gasp left his lips along with her name.

"Yes and no. I'm a figment of your imagination," she walked closer to him until she sat crisscrossed in front of the salt circle. "You must be in a lot of pain."

"I can endure it," he grunted.

She shrugged, "Can you? I mean look at where you are, Nik. Trapped, alone, in the dark. Where am I? Taking care of our children while you're down here being all weak and pathetic."

He snapped his head up, "You know nothing." His words were meant to be threatening but he was too weak. And he was never good at holding a fight against her.

"But don't I? I'm your wife remember," she pulled her legs up to her chest. "I've got the ring to prove it," Elara waved her wedding ring at his face.

Klaus's eyes fell down to her wiggling hand to smile. This is his wife. The woman he stood in front of a hundred people to show his love for her.

Real or not she's here.

"I'm sorry. I never wanted you to see me like this." He knew he was weak. But this is a low he's never been before.

Elara played with the dirt under her, keeping her chin buried in her knees. Her eyes moved back up to him. "For better or for worse, right?"

______

Kol, Freya, and Elara stood in the old building. Elara dodged a flying bird while Freya pulled out an old map.

"This dusty bell tower may be your own, but this is Marcel's city and we are nothing but targets." Elara rolled her eyes at Kol's words.

Although they're indeed at risk here, this is family. Klaus endured 5 years of torture to keep them all alive and so far Kol has done nothing but voice how much he wishes not to be here.

"All the more reason to get this over with. The sooner Freya works, the sooner we leave. That work for you?" She tilted her head at him.

Kol rolled his eyes and Freya started the spell.

Freya finished chanting and stepped back. "Got him," she whispered, looking at the little red dot of blood.

Elara rushed forward to look. "I'll call Rebekah," she pulled out her phone.

While Rebekah went to Marcel, the rest of the family followed Josh.

They walked into the bar now that it was closed. "Hi, Josh. You wouldn't mind moving that fridge would you?" They had done enough in this city to know about the tunnels.