𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟮, KOL'S BACK

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

IT HAD TO BE around 3 in the morning, Elara thought

IT HAD TO BE around 3 in the morning, Elara thought. She had woken up because Klaus kept turning. She turned her body and opened her eyes.

Klaus was lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. She laid on her side, staring up at him.

"You okay?"

He nodded still staring at the ceiling. "You're awake?" She nodded and let out an exhausted sigh. "Between you and this baby, I'm not sure who moves more."

Klaus hummed and turned on his side too so that he was facing her. "Do you remember a few weeks after we found out about Hope? We were still in Mystic Falls and I asked you if you wanted to run away?"

Of course, Elara remembered. How could she not? It was one of the moments where Elara realized that Klaus was all in with her. She knew he was in for the long haul.

Elara nodded and reached up to lay her hand on his cheek. She ran her thumb across his cheek, smiling. "Yeah. We still have more places to go."

He looked at her, no smile on his face, and said, "We should've run right then. This is a bloody hell-fest."

Elara's face fell limp. She moved in closer to him, moving her hand to fall through his messy curls.

"It's almost over. We'll get there. Me, you, Hope, and our little knight."

Klaus pulled back with furrowed eyebrows. "Have you given him a name?"

She shrugged, "Finally. We always called Hope our little miracle whenever I was pregnant. I don't know, we've been through a lot these past few months and he's still fighting." Elara didn't even realize that she had said he. She spent so much time convincing herself it was a girl, but a part of her knew that it wasn't.

Even without a full confirmation, she felt it in her gut that she was having a boy.

Klaus nodded and looked down at her stomach. He lifted her shirt and laid his hand over her growing bump. "Hmm, our little kemp," he whispered.

Elara stared at Klaus while he eyed her stomach. "Kemp?"

"It means brave fighter," he explained. She liked it. Their brave, fighting knight. It was perfect.

Klaus continued rubbing circles on her skin. Elara combed her fingers through his hair while she pictured a blue-eyed baby with a head full of curls. She felt a quick push against her body.

"Woah. Did you feel that?" She asked him.

Elara moved back, putting more space between her and Klaus. He leaned back to turn the lamp on before they both stared down at her stomach. Her hand laid on top of his on her stomach.

Again, a little kick.

"Hi, buddy," they both smiled.

Elara knew that this baby wasn't just some happy accident. He was meant to be here. He was meant to be the thing that pulled their family back together. He was here to remind Klaus and Elara of the way they used to love each other. He was here to show them that their love could never be lost, they just needed a bright light shining on it.