I Want to Protect You

"Why am I here?" You questioned.

Techno helped you up, having you sit down ont he couch as he and his brothers stood up. They better have a good reason. You knew that Tommy disliked Dream, but that didn't mean that you had to dislike Dream.

You wondered who's idea it was to bring you here. Was it Wilbur's plan? Was he plotting to trick you into coming with him? Did Tommy have a no-brainer plan, or did Techno have one of his usual complex plans. You were angry at whoever's idea it was. You wanted nothing more than to see Dream.

Was that too much to ask?

"Y/N, I want to protect you," Techno sighed.

"You want to protect me from my own boyfriend?" You retorted.

"He's not safe for you."

"Y/N! He's manipulating you. Get over it. You shouldn't be around him. Think of everything that he has done," Tommy exclaimed.

You felt your blood boil at their words. Your fists felt like flames and you wanted to yell at them in the loudest voice possible. But Techno was your best friend, and he has always been overprotective. Despite his everlasting kindess and fierce loyalty to you, he has also made mistakes like Dream.

Maybe Dream has made more or just as many, but you knew of Techno's rough past where he did some bad things. You knew of mistakes that he had made due to peer pressure and many other causes. You weren't perfect, Dream wasn't perfect, and Techno wasn't either. Of all people, he couldn't shame Dream for what he did.

And what did Tommy know?

"I love him. You're acting like you've never made mistakes," You spoke, your tone becoming angrier and angrier.

"He's killed people. Is that a mistake?" Tommy snickered.

The blonde boy was crossing his arms, a look of confidence on his face. He thought that that single sentence would convince you to break up with Dream and give up on him. Tommy was very wrong.

"You don't know why he's doing what he does, and you don't know what he's going through."

"Being with him is going to get you killed, Y/N," Techno replied.

"How is that so?"

"Besides Dream hurting you himself, he has so many people after him. Quackity, Sapnap, you name it. You're going to be used as bait like you were for Sapnap, and these people are not going to stop going after you," Techno explained.

"Yeah, there's going to be a price to pay when it comes to dating Dream, but I'm ok with that. Clay wouldn't hurt me. He's changed since my first few days knowing him. He's become a better person," You insisted.

Tommy scowled at that. "Dream's been tormenting me ever since he escaped prison!" he cried.

"What?"

"I'm telling you, Y/N. He wants to ruin my life."

"I don't think that's true."

"Why does no one ever believe me?" Tommy yelled, storming up the stairs to his room.

You felt your heart sink in guilt. Tommy was just a kid, and maybe what he said was true. Dream disliked Tommy a lot, and you knew that. But you couldn't imagine him doing that to the kid. Plus, he's been with you a lot of the time, so when would he have done it? You didn't know what to say anymore.

"Darling, listen to us," Wilbur pleaded.

"You have no room to speak," You muttered.

Wilbur stormed over to you, lifting up your chin. "Darling," he whispered.

He said nothing else and returned to his spot next to Techno. "Long story short, you're staying with us," Wilbur smiled.

"Yeah, no. I'll do want I want," You retorted.

Techno just shook his head and walked over to you as you stood up to face him. He put his hand on your face. "Please, trust me."