Part 6) The ground is fun to look at

"Discord!"

I run over to him.

He's holding a picture of Fluttershy and him at their wedding, but Fluttershy looks.. blurry.

"Where did you get this picture?" I ask him, concerned.

"Tia.. I cant remember what she looks like.." He turned to me with worry and tears streaming down his face.

"Discord... You know what she looks like.."

"I don't.. I don't remember.. Her face.. her voice.." He started shaking uncontrollably. He was having a panic attack.

I hugged him to try and calm him down.

I didn't know what to say. I've never seen him like this.

He finally stopped shaking and hugged me back.

"I.. I miss her so much." He said between crys. "I want to see her again. I want to hold her.. I didn't get to say goodbye.."

"Shhh.." I said, trying to calm him down.

We hugged.. who knows how long. But we did.

I want to help him.. so badly.

-The next day-

I invited Discord to lunch in Ponyville this morning. He hadn't left the castle in a while.

I waited at a table for him at Sugar Cube Corner.

I see him walk in, looking for me.

"Discord!" I waved for him to come over to my table.

"Hi Tia." He said as he sat down.

He seemed.. out of place. It's been a while since he was in Ponyville.

"Thanks for coming." I said as I smiled at him.

"Yeah, no problem." You could tell he had trouble keeping eye contact with me.

"What are you thinking of ordering? This place is really good."

"I'm not sure. I'm not really hungry right now though."

That had to be a lie, He hadn't eaten at all today. Thinking of it, he had been eating less and less.

"Ah alright."

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie came up to our table.

Pinkie looked surprised to see Discord. She understood what he was going through, so she treated him normally.

"Hey guys! You guys here for lunch?" Pinkie said, not as enthusiastic as she usually would be.

"Yes, we are." I said.

"Alright. What can I get you guys?"

"I'll just have a salad." I said with a smile.

I looked over at Discord. He was blankly staring at the ground.

"Discord? Discord??"

"Hm.? Oh. I'm not hungry." He said, slowly getting back to us.

"Are you sure?" Said Pinkie, looking at him.

"Yes. Thanks." Discord gave her a small smile.

As Pinkie walked away, I had just realized what I'd done. I had come to Fluttershys favorite resturant and ordered her favorite meal. I feel so dumb.

"Discord, if you want to leave, we can. I'm sure Pinkie will understand. I'm still full from breakfast." I said.

"Yeah, I'd like that." He said slowly getting up.

I left some bits on the table for my meal. I felt bad about leaving but I couldn't make Discord sit in here through his pain.

"Want to just walk around?"

"Sure." Discord said.

We walked around Ponyville for a while. I noticed some ponies looking at him. It's understandable though, he kinda went MIA for a month.

We walked past Fluttershys memorial. It was where their castle used to be. Discord stopped infront of it and looked at it. It was covered in flowers.

"It's really nice they did this for her." I said.

"...yeah." He said. I saw him tearing up, trying to hold back the tears.

I just looked at him. You could see his emotions. I felt so bad.

"They left our garden?" Discord said as he looked around the memorial. The garden that belonged to his castle was still mostly intact.

"Yes, they tried to recover as much of it as they could. Most of it could be salvaged. It really was beautiful."

"It was her favorite place." He said as he smiled.

Their garden was undoubtedly the most beautiful land of nature in Ponyville. Most of it was destroyed but the pieces that we're still standing were beautiful.

He looked at the garden until he turned to me.
"Tia, I want to look around here a bit. Could you maybe..?" Discord said trying to find the words, but I knew what he was saying.

"Of course. I'll be back at the castle." I said as I turned the other way. He wanted to be alone.

I'm glad we did this. It was good for him to leave the castle for a while.