Part 11) The replacement

We walked around for a bit and talked. She.. didn't treat me differently. She acted.. like herself.

"When I tell people I work for Photo Finish they act like it's a big privledge or something, but she's so stuck up and prissy. I cant stand her half the time." She said as she laughed.

"Wow, what's stopping you from hitting her on the head?" I said with a smile while looking at August.

"Discord!" August said laughing as she hit me. When she laughs she has these little snorts.. there actually kind of cute.

"Let's sit down. We've been walking for more than I can handle." She said walking over to a bench.

"I've been talking about my hard life," She said dramatically. "What's up with you? I never see you around here."

"I actually live in Canterlot, with the Princess."

"What?? With the Princess! Are you like the royal jester or something?" August said with a smirk.

"Jester!" I said while laughing. "That has to be an insult of some kind."

"I don't mean it like that! Your funny, y'know? Ive been laughing here this whole time cause of you."

I cant remember the last time I made someone laugh. I missed this.

We just smiled at eachother.

"Sooo.. since your living with the Princess I assume you were invited to the gala..?" She said as she scooted closer to me.

"Please don't tell me you want to be my plus one?"

"What..??? Pshtt no way! But I mean if you have no one else..." She said looking up at me with a smile.

"Wait.. Arent you already going?"

"Um, haha, no.." August said looking around nervously.

"You we're at Rarity's boutique getting your dress pinned!"

August sighed.

"Yeah.. I was already going. But as Photo Finishes plus one! That means i'll have to be stuck with her the whole night! I don't think I'll last that long with her without pulling my heart out." She said while groaning. I start laughing.

"I really wasn't even planning on going anyways, the galas are always so boring."

"Seriously? Your being invited to the 'party of the year' and your not going?!"

She readjusted herself on the bench, I knew she wasn't going to stop until she convinced me to bring her.

"Bring me as your plus one and I promise it won't be boring. Maybe we can cause a little trouble.?" August said while elbowing me.

"Trouble.?" I looked at her with confusion.

"Y'know!! Change the music track... make the lights go out.. maybe even.. spike the punch bowl.." She said while whispering.

I looked her and she had this grin on her face.

I just start laughing. I don't remember the last time I laughed like this.

"Spike the punch bowl?? We want to cause trouble not make people go home in an ambulance!"

August is laughing with me. She slowly starts to catch her breath again.

"Ah I don't know. I've never been like a prankster or some shit. I've been with my parents my whole life so now that I've moved out I don't know what to do with myself. They kinda controlled everything I did. They wanted some doctor or lawyer of a kid but they got a crappy photographer who takes pictures of trash." She laughed at her joke.

"If it makes you feel better.. it wasn't just trash.. it was a can." I said as I looked at her shrugging.

She laughed as she got up.

"That didn't make me feel better." She said with a smile. "We'll it's getting late. I should get back home. Thanks for the chat Discord."

"Y-yeah! No problem. And I'd love to see your finished piece for your project."

"You got it. See you around." She saluted me and picked up her camera and started walking away.

I didn't want her to leave. I felt like I could talk to her for hours and never get bored. I have to see her again.