Part 18) Yeah its just lazy writing

I fly over to Canterlot. I land at the castle gates and im let in by the guards. I then see Celestia pacing back and forth looking nervous. As she hears the door opens she immediately looks up, but her face changes to a disappointed look when she sees me.

"Princess Celestia! ..what's wrong.?"

"Discord wasn't in his room. We cant find him anywhere." She said nervously.

"We'll it's Discord, he could be off doing his own thing." I said as I chuckled. "Anyway! I came to see you because-!"

"I'm worried, Twilight. Especially after last night."

I pause from moving. I've never seen Princess Celestia like this.. This must actually be a problem.

"Did you check Ponyville yet?" I said, with a completely different tone.

"I haven't.. we should look around."

Before I can say another word I see white flash around me and the next second I was in Ponyville with Celestia. Wow, she really didn't want to waste time.

Ponies are surprised to see Princess Celestia and bow to her but she doesn't acknowledge them, she just frantically looks around.

"Princess-! Calm down-"

I stop as I see Celestia suddenly stop moving and stare at Fluttershy's garden. I look to see it almost doubled in size, with even more flowers, vines, moss, trees and nature.

"Princess, I don't understand.."

"He's gone."

"..What.?"

She slowly walked up to Fluttershy's garden, past her memorial and saw a sprout in the middle.

I walked up next to her and started to stare at the sprout. It wasn't a normal tree sprout. It's leaves were pink.

"I.. I don't understand.." I said, confused.

"He gave up his magic. He gave up himself."

"..What do you mean.?"

"The sudden outburst of flowers and crops.. It's all because of him. He gave up his magic.. I just.. don't know why.." Celestia hung her head.

I looked at the pink leafed tree sprout in the ground. Did Discord really do this? Was he actually gone..?

"That's impossible.. he's immortal.." I said in disbelief.

"Only he could.. get rid of himself.."

I.. couldn't believe this happened. Discord was gone. This wasn't like him.. at all. Had Fluttershy changed him in more ways than I thought?

"He.. he can't be gone! This has to be a trick! The most powerful creature in Equestria can't be gone just like that..!" My eyes started to fill with tears.

Celestia got closer to me and hugged me.

I.. I just cant believe he's gone.

We cried in each others arms for a while. We bolt felt confusion, anger, sadness. disbelief, everything. We just couldn't believe it happened.

————————————————————————————

We decided to hold his funeral in the Canterlot garden, and have a special tombstone made for him. We never really made it public that he had well.. died. It would be too confusing for ponies. His funeral wasn't the biggest one. Celestia, Luna, Spike, The mane 5, and Zecora were the only ones who attended. No one really understood the situation. Was he really gone? Just like that? It was all too much.

Had we really lost the Lord of Chaos and the Element of Kindess in under a year.?

As years went by, people just.. forgot. There were always stupid rumors that would come up, like 'I heard he got turned to stone again!'  or 'I'm pretty sure he ran off after he killed his wife! He could be disguised as one of us right now..' These we're all things I heard. I had to stop myself from just correcting them. It just made me so angry.

We all just moved on, but I don't think anyone ever fully accepted what happened.