Part 12) Maybe there is someone else

I walk back into the castle after flying there from Ponyville. I expected to see Celestia greeting me and wondering where I've been but I didn't find anyone. That's weird, usually there's a guard or two in the entrance.

I walk into my room and close the door. I could honestly less about anything that happened with me and Celestia. I was just thinking about August and everything we talked about.

She feels like the only real person in this world. She made me.. happy.

Maybe it's because she didn't know me when I was evil. Everyone knows I'm 'reformed' now, but they still don't feel comfortable with me. It makes meeting new people hard. They still see me as 'Discord! Lord of Chaos!' I guess no one's believed I've changed.

I hardly slept. I just stayed up, thinking. I realized, I didn't even think about.. her, today. Was I moving on? I just got distracted.. with August. Did August know? About my dead spouse? Wait- why would she care? She had to know- But it wouldn't bother her. She's my friend. Just my friend.

Could I like her?

No. I don't, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I hate being alone with my thoughts.

I woke up after a long night of thoughts. Most of them were about August. Jeez! I meet one new person and I get so attached.

I walk out of my room and head to the kitchen. I actually woke up early enough to join Celestia and Luna for breakfast.

Luna and Celestia are sitting at a table eating pancakes, until Celestia looks up and sees me.

"Discord! Good morning!"

"Good morning Tia. Good morning Luna."

"..Morning.." Said Luna. I guess she was tired from staying up all night.

I sat down to where a plate was with pancakes on the table. It's nice that Celestia still makes me breakfast every morning even though she doesn't know if I'll join them. Kinda makes me feel bad.

"Sorry we weren't at the castle yesterday, we were out running errands for the gala."

"Oh it's fine, I actually came back kind of late."

Celestia looked up shocked at me.

"Really? What were you doing?"

"Don't worry I wasn't doing anything bad.. I was just talking to someone."

I guess what I said was shocking because even Luna perked up to hear what I was saying. Celestia looked at Luna and then looked at me.

"In Ponyville.?" They were acting like what I said was crazy.

"Yeah."

"We'll that's nice!" Celestia said with a smile. I feel like she wanted to know who but didn't want to be nosy.

We ate in silence for a while until Luna broke the silence.

"Well sister, Discord, Im going to bed." she said, dragging herself off her chair.

"Goodnight sister."

"I should actually be going to.. I have to go to Rarity's to pick up my suit."

"Does that mean your going?" Celestia said excitedly.

"Maybe." I said.

Celestia started to smile at me.

"Maybe I said!" I said while laughing.

"Okay okay.." She said rolling her eyes. "See you later."

I waved and walked out.

Hm. I guess I was in a better mood today. That's.. nice.?

I arrived at Rarity's boutique after flying from Canterlot.

I opened the door and walk in.

"Discord! I was just finishing up your tux." She said while sewing my jacket.

"Great." I said with a smile.

I look around and see her cat coming up to me. I go on one knee and start to pet it. I never was an animal person until she showed me a different side of them.

I wonder if August likes animals.

!!!

Did I just.. think about August while thinking about my dead wife.?! Oh my gosh.

I stop petting the cat and stand back up.

"And.. done!" Rarity says as she walks over to me while levitating my finished suit. She puts it in my hand and removes her glasses.

"I love how it turned out! I hope I can see you wearing it to this years gala."

"Maybe. I've been thinking about going."

She smiled a sincere smiled to me.

"So uhh.. what do I owe you..?"

"Pshtt! I never charge my friends for outfits! Either way, I'll always be happy to make something for you."

"Thanks Rarity."

I start to walk out.

"See you later darling!" Rarity said as she waved to me.

I wave back and walk out of her boutique.