Part 15) My wife died so lets party!

-The day of the Gala-

After I met up with August yesterday, we decided we would meet at the gala. As I was getting ready the only think I could think of was the 'threat' that was going around.

I put on the suit that Rarity made me, and honestly she was right, she did great on it. It looked great.

I adjust the bow tie on the suit and look in the mirror. This would be my first gala without her. I miss looking down and seeing her next to me. I miss how beautiful she was, in anything.

Why am I going again? Oh. August.

I walk out of my room to see guards standing at almost every corner of the halls.

"Um-"

None of them move. I swear the royal guards are not real ponies.

"I'm just gonna-.." I slip by them and walk into the main hall. It's very busy, with ponies and guards running around. It must be a serious threat if it calls for these measures..

I enter the ballroom and look for Celestia. I see her, up a small staircase looking very nervous. She had a fake smile on and was almost sweating. I've never seen her like this.

I walk up to her, before I'm immediately stopped by two guards, holding their spears like an 'X' infront of me. "Halt!" They say in unison.

"Umm.."

"Please, stand down. It's Discord." Celestia said, annoyed.

The guards nodded and moved their spears. I know Tia said high alert.. but I didn't know this high..

"Sorry about that. It's been crazy."

"I can tell. There are guards everywhere."

"Yeah, and guests should be coming in at any time." Ive never seen her nervous before.. it must be a real threat..

Celestia looks and sees ponies start to walk in in their best attire. She puts on a fake smile and says to me, "I'll see you after I greet everyone."

I nod and walk away. Who knows how long that's gonna take.

I look around the main ballroom and see boring decorations. As expected honestly. The gala wasn't know for its decor.

I see the stage, in the middle of the ballroom. That's where I saw her for the first time. The first time I truly saw her. I still fondly remember her singing. How could I forget? It was the moment I fell in love. I knew she had to be my wife.

Suddenly, pictures of her dead body on the ground in the rubble of the castle take over the memory of her singing.

My breathing gets quicker as I quickly try to erase the image from my mind. I start to walk away from the stage and go to the bathroom, until I bump into August.

"Hey!.. Is everything okay?" She said as she looked up at me with a cup of punch in her hand.

My breathing slows. "..yeah."

"You were right about the galas being boring. It literally just started and I already wanna leave." August sad as she looked around, taking a sip of her punch. "you know I wouldn't even mind if someone someone spiked the punch-"

I look down to actually get a look at August and I see what she's wearing. She looks beautiful. Everything about her dress just fits her so perfectly.. I don't even hear what she's saying.

"You look nice..!" I said quickly.

"Oh, thanks. I didn't get a dress from Rarity just look sub par" She said with a fake British accent. I laughed at her stupid joke.

I look around and the ballroom has quickly filled up with ponies I don't recognize.

"So, what do you even do at the gala.?" August ask genuinely.

"You basically forced me to take you and your asking me that?" I start laughing.

"What!!? You've been to more of these then I have." She said with little giggles in her sentence.

"It's really just for rich people, so they can talk to other rich people." I said as I shrugged to her.

"Wow. This is not what I was expecting..." said August as she looked around. "Maybe we should spike the punch bowl..." She looked up at me and laughed.

I messed up her hair a little.

August and I messed around and chatted for a bit until Twilight and her friends saw us.

"Discord!" Twilight said as she came up to us.

I turned and saw Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Twilight, and Spike walking to us.

"Hey guys! How's it going?"

"It's going." Twilight said with a laugh. She saw August next to me. "Who'd you bring?"

"Oh, this is August. She's a photographer from Canterlot, but she lives in Ponyville now.

Everyone greeted her, except Rarity, who already knew her.

"I just thought I'd say, the piece that August is wearing is made by moi" Rarity said as she stood next to August to show off her dress.

"Oh yeah.! It looks beautiful Rarity."

We all talked for a while and the ponies got to know August. I didn't like being around a bunch of people and it felt super stuffy.

"I'm gonna go get some fresh air guys, I'll be right back." I said as I headed towards the back door. They all understood and continued talking to each other and August.

I walked out through the back, which faced to the castles garden. I leaned on the ledge that was between the pavement and garden itself, and look up at the moon. It was beautiful. I looked down and sighed. She used to love just looking at the stars. I was never interested in the stars myself, I just liked being there, next to her.

I then heard a voice come from the garden.