Chapter 17 - Finding a partner

Hoshinomiya: "The second part of the special exam is special. In the second part every second year will have to pair with a first year and if the choice is made it cannot be changed. The special exam will be very physically exhausting and that's why we decided to pair up one male with one female since female often tend to be weaker in physicality compared to the male. You will spend five days on an island with each other."

Kobashi: "Wait do we have to sleep together in one tent?!"

Hoshinomiya: "Of course not, you will be in separate tents but if it's Ayanokoji I wouldn't mind~"

Amikura: "Can you stop sensei?"

Hoshinomiya: "C'mon~ well I am not done explaining so will continue."

Hoshinomiya: "On every day you will have to travel to three destination but they won't be far from each other and on top of that there will be task for you to assemble points. If a duo gets eliminated in the first five days, the second year will be expelled and the first year will get no points for 8 months."

Shibata: "So why don't they get expelled but we do?"

Hoshinomiya: "Since they had so many special exams than regularly, the student council and the Acting Director have decided on that. If only one of the duo gets eliminated then there will be no punishment. After the five days, you can retire at any point but the duo who lasts the longest will get 75 class points for each member and their respective classes. If only one of the duo survives and wins they will get the 150 class points and the other member will only get 50 class points. Of course both members will get the same amount of private points no matter who is eliminated and who isn't If you eliminate your teammate deliberately then you will get no class points."

Kanzaki: "Sensei what do you mean with eliminated? How do we get eliminated?"

Hoshinomiya: "If your health is failing then you will be eliminated or if you yourself forfeit then it counts as that as well. If you go against the rules with for example violence then you will also get eliminated."

Ichinose: "And how does the school know we traveled to the three destinations?"

Hoshinomiya: "You will get a watch that'll be connected to your phone. It will have all data from your phone but you can't photograph or record anything during the exam. If your watch is broken then you will have to go to the start and get a new one. If you can't get one after an hour it broke then the school will be alarmed and they will show your coordinates."

I decided to ask a question as well since I was really curious about this exam. It reminds me a lot of the island exam.

Ayanokoji: "How long do we have time do decide with who we are going to group up with?"

Hoshinomiya: "Unfortunately only three days, if you don't find a partner, the school will find a partner for you but the punishment for that is not small so I would suggest to not think of that."

This is quite the interesting special exam but I expected the third years to be involved as well in this exam but that isn't the case here. I wonder with who I should team up with since I am only familiar with two girl kouhais.

To be honest there are three girls but I don't believe Tsubaki would be an option for me. Hoshinomiya-sensei didn't mention that we have to work together but she only said that if we're sleeping together we have to do it in two separate tents.

My two choices are Nanase and Amasawa, if I was only looking at their stats on OAA then Amasawa would definitely be the choice to take since she is a white room student but if I look at my situation then it's clear that I have to go with Nanase because if I go with Amasawa there will be more rumors and to additionally I can't fully trust her.