Chapter 19 - The start of the exam

The first day began and we instantly hiked to the first location since we have reach three locations everyday otherwise we'll obtain a punishment and that is the loss of points. Even though many people had almost the same path as Nanase and I we decided to separate from them.

The air here was very fresh compared to what I am used to from the school and the white room and the whole island was a beauty I wonder why no one is living on this island.

While lost in my thoughts Nanase started talking to me and for a moment I ignored and then came back to reality.

Nanase: "Ayanokoji-senpai?"

Ayanokoji: "Yes Nanase? Sorry I was lost in my thoughts for a moment."

Nanase: "Do you perhaps know Amasawa from somewhere?"

I reflected if I should tell her the truth and I decided to tell her honestly since she already knows some part of my past.

Ayanokoji: "Yes I do. In fact she comes from the same facility."

Nanase's eyes widened for a moment and I guess she couldn't comprehend why another white room student was enrolled here.

Nanase: "Wait senpai are you serious?"

Ayanokoji: "Yes I am."

Nanase: "Why is the facility enrolling students here? I mean they aren't supposed to leave the facility or am I wrong?"

Ayanokoji: "No you are definitely right about that. Although there is a reason why they enrolled here and that is to expel me."

Nanase: "Wait did you say 'they'?"

Ayanokoji: "Yes there is at least one other white room enroller here but they're keeping themselves hidden."

Nanase realized that trying to expel me was a mistake once again and she looked like she felt guilty about trying to expel me.

Nanase: "... Is your hand still hurt?"

Ayanokoji: "No it's fine really it healed almost completely. I don't feel any pain there."

Nanase: "I am sorry again senpai."

Ayanokoji: "Don't be and let's enjoy our time."

After roughly an hour of walking we reached our destination and we were almost in the middle of the map only slightly above. My assumptions about Koenji turned out to be right. He's going all out on this exam and it looks like because of some kind of deal with Horikita. I am inquisitive about what the extent of his abilities were.

After an hour of recovering Nanase and I made our way to the second destination and after to the third. We had no problem whatsoever on the first day and after reaching the third destination we saw a event pop us 500m to our left and we decided to check it out since we will get points if we managed to be victorious.

When we arrived we saw a stand with a teacher, I believe he is Mashima-sensei, and a lot of students waiting.

Mashima: "Hello students:"

Ayanokoji: "Hello sensei."

Nanase: "Hello sensei." She then bowed her head to him.

Mashima: "I assume you came here for the event?"

Ayanokoji: "Yes we came here for the event."

Mashima: "Well only one of you can participate. The event is a physical challenge so I suggest you decide who'll be more fitting for this."

Nanase then looked at me and nodded as to say: 'You go ahead you've got this.'

So I had no choice but to participate.