Chapter 38

We were all now saying our goodbyes to Bob because he's getting closer to death. I sat down next to him and started crying more than I was.

"I'm going to miss you Bob. I wish you didn't have to die. I'll never forget you and everything you did for me and my family. I know you'll be watching over all of us and guiding us through everything we go through." I said.

Rick handed Emma to me and she was crying. He held onto her hand.

"She's going to miss you too." I said.

"I'm going to miss her too. Same as you. Same as to everyone here." He said. "Emma, you take care of your sister, brother, mother and father. Family is important in times like these. They'll need you." He said.

I leaned down and kissed his cheek. Emma hugged him then I stood up. I walked out of the room and sat on a pew. The tears were falling onto my lap. Bob was now dead. Rick came and pulled me against him, making my head go against his shoulder.

"I can't believe he's gone Rick. I don't want to believe it." I said.

"None of us wants to believe it but he's watching over us." He said, kissing the top of my head.

Daryl soon returned but without Carol. We made the church safer and a group left to get Beth and Carol back. Me, Carl and Michonne then heard Gabriel screaming and yelling. Michonne ran to the door and yanked it open and Gabriel ran inside. We saw a herd of walkers getting closer to the door.

We ran to the office and Gabriel showed us how he got out. I strapped Emma to me and Carl had Judith strapped to him. We crawled under the church and got outside. Michonne and Carl shut the church doors and we were stuck outside and no way to get anywhere. That was until a fire truck pulled up.

We saw Abraham, Glenn, Maggie, Rosita and Eugene inside. We then started heading to the hospital that the others were at. The fire truck came to a stop and we got out. We walked to the entrance when the others exited the building. When Daryl came out, he was carrying Beth's dead body.

 When Daryl came out, he was carrying Beth's dead body

"No." I said, tearing up.

"No!" Maggie exclaimed.

Rick walked over to me and I just looked at him then looked down.

I then looked at Maggie and she was on the ground crying and Glenn was holding her against him

I then looked at Maggie and she was on the ground crying and Glenn was holding her against him. I understand what she's going through. I lost both my parents to the walkers. And I lost my sister. I wish she didn't have to go through it. Seeing Beth dead, brought back memories of Lori.

I walked over to her with Rick following behind me, holding Emma and got on my knees. Maggie looked at me with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Maggie." I said. "I know what you're going through and I'm here for you." I said.

She didn't say anything just wrapped her arms around me. She cried into my shoulder for a few minutes then we started walking.