Chapter 50

I was sitting outside when Enid came running towards me.

"Sydney! Something's wrong with Maggie!" She exclaimed.

I stood up and and quickly made my way over to her house. We went inside and I saw Maggie on the floor.

"Maggie, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm having strong contractions." She said.

"Are you having any more symptoms?" I asked, getting an idea of what's going on.

"I started bleeding." She told me.

"Shit." I said. "Enid, go get Rick and tell him we need to get Maggie to Hilltop now." I said.

"Okay!" Enid shouted.

"Ahhh!" Maggie yelled in pain.

"I know it hurts Maggie and we'll get you to Hilltop as fast as we can." I said.

Rick helped her into the RV and laid her down on the bed in the back.

"Rick, I have to go. I need to stay with her and keep an eye on her for any changes." I said. "She told me the symptoms she's having and it sounds like a rare but serious condition that happens to women who's pregnant." I said.

"Do you have any idea what it is she has?" He asked.

"It sounds like she has placental abruption." I said.

"What is that exactly?" Abraham asked, walking beside Rick.

"It's a serious condition where the placenta detached from the inner wall of the womb. It deprives the baby from oxygen and nutrients it needs to live." I said. "That's why we have to hurry and get her to Hilltop and to Dr. Carson because he has the machine we need to see if I'm right." I said, getting into the RV.

We began to leave and were on our way to Hilltop. I stayed in the back with Maggie and held onto her hand. She would squeeze my hand whenever she felt the pain. The RV then came to a stop.

"What's going on?" I asked, walking to the front.

"People are blocking our way." Rick said.

This has been going on for a little while and it's now dark.

"Sydney, you stay with Eugene in the RV. The rest of us will carry Maggie to Hilltop." Rick said.

"But..." I began to say.

"Sydney, I know you want to stay with her. But it's too dangerous for you to go out in the woods without knowing what's out there. We'll stay with her, okay?" He said.

"Okay, but please be safe out there." I said, hugging him.

"We will." He said, hugging me back then kissed me.

I went back into the RV with Eugene and we began to move until we were stopped. The door opened and a man with a bat wrapped with barbed wire walked inside.

"I'll take you where you're going." He said.

We obeyed since I'm in no shape to fight back and Eugene doesn't want to. He drove to an area and a man grabbed Eugene and pulled him outside and beat him a few times.

"Please stop." I begged.

I then heard a man talking outside the RV door.

"Now let's meet the man!" The man exclaimed.

The man with the bat stood up and walked out.

"Let's get the woman out but carefully." The man said.

Someone came in and grabbed my arm and made me get out. I looked and saw the others. Mine and Ricks eyes met and tears were in my eyes, scared of what's going to happen. I had to stand next to the RV door next to one of the men.

"I'm Negan." The man with the bat introduced.

I thought Negan was dead? I thought they killed him.

"Who's the leader?" Negan asked.

"He is." The man I found out is Simon.

"You're Rick?" Negan asked, crouching down. "Let me ask you something. Who is that woman over there to you? And don't lie to me." He said.

"My wife." Rick said.

I knew he didn't want to tell him but I can tell he was scared. Negan stood up and walked to me.

"Is he telling the truth darling?" Negan asked.

"He is." I said. "He's my husband." I said, scared.

Negan then made a speech about the new world rules and how one of us has to die for killing some of his men.

"Eenie meenie minnie mow, catch a tiger by his toe, if he hollers let him go. My mother told me to pick the very best one and you are it." Negan said.

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start." Negan said. "You can breathe, you can blink and you can cry. Hell, you're all going to be doing that." He said, before slamming Lucille on...