Chapter 60

I woke up and looked out the window to see that it was still dark. I quietly got out of bed and walked to Judith's and Emma's room. I leaned against the door frame, smiling. I missed seeing their adorable sleeping faces.

"Are you okay baby?" Rick asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yeah. Just missed this." I said.

"Why did you leave the Kingdom? You know that Negan will kill you if he finds you here." He asked, turning me around to face him.

"I couldn't stay away from all of you. Couldn't stay away from the kids and couldn't stay away from you." I said. "And I know he will but I think Ezekiel will help us. I told him that's happened and all things we've been through. I can't promise he'll help but I'm praying he does. We really need it. If we want to get through this." I said.

"We'll get through it just like we got through everything else." He said.

"I know, I just can't help but worry a bit." I said. "I just have a feeling something bad is going to happen." I told him.

"We won't let anything bad happen. We'll beat the Saviors and we'll be able live like we did before." He said.

"I know." I said. "I love you Rick." I said.

"I love you too Sydney." He said, putting a hand on the back of my head and kissed me.

I returned the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. After a minute, we pulled away. He put his forehead against mine and kissed the top of my nose.

"Let's go take a walk." He said.

We held hands when we walked outside and went down the steps. We took our time walking down the street and just admired how beautiful Alexandria looked at night.

"I remember when we were laying on the grass at our home before and looked at the stars in the sky. I wish we can go back to that day." I said. "But yet, Emma wouldn't be born and neither would be Judith, probably." I said.

"They would've still been born just not in this world." He said.

I started thinking about my sister and I began to tear up.

"And my sister would still be alive." I said, looking at him.

He didn't say anything just pulled me against him and I cried against his chest. He was rubbing my back and his chin was on the top of my head.

"It's okay Sydney. You're sister is still with you. I know I always say that but it's true. She never left and she never will. She's watching over all of us especially you and her daughter." He said.

"I know and I'll be okay. I'll let her go when I'm ready." I said, looking back at him. "I love you Rick. So much." I said.

"I love you too baby." He said, before kissing me.

We went back to bed and slept until Carl woke us up.

"Mom, Emma is crying for you. I tried to calm her down but she want you." Carl said.

"Okay." I said, getting out of bed.

I went to Emma's and Judith's room and walked to Emma.

"I'm right here sweetheart." I said, picking her up.

I carried her downstairs with Carl carrying Judith. We put them in the high chairs and I was making their breakfast.

"Mom, can I talk to you?" Carl asked.

"Of course you can." I said.

"Promise not to get mad?" He said.

"I promise." I said.