Chapter 45

It was soon dark and I was sitting in the living room with the baby monitor. Someone joined me and I looked to see Rick.

"Are you okay Sydney?" He asked.

"I'm fine, just a little shook up from Alexandria being attacked and the walkers outside." I said, cuddling up to him.

"I'm happy you and the kids are okay. I feel like I shouldn't have left." He said.

"Rick, the same thing could've still happened. It's something you don't have control over. And we dealt with it." I said.

We both then went to bed to be ready for what tomorrow will hold.

It was soon daylight and I was outside sitting on the ground while Emma was playing in the grass.

"Mama." Emma said, pointing at something on the ground.

I looked what it was and it was a worm. She went to grab it but I stopped her. It then went into the ground. She tackled me to the ground and we started wrestling. I heard a gunshot and Emma got scared.

"Mama." She said, scared.

I stood up and saw walkers. It was the herd that was outside the walls.

"Shit." I said.

I went inside and saw Carl. He hugged me and I hugged him back with my free arm.

"Get Judith!" I exclaimed.

He ran upstairs and grabbed her then we left the house. We went to Jesse's house and went inside.

"What's going on out there? What was that gunshot?" Jesse asked.

"The walkers got in." I said.

I looked and saw Sam then he went to his room. The door then busted open and Rick came inside with Deanna and Michonne.

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"She fell on a blade." Rick told me.

He took her upstairs and laid her down on the bed. I went beside her and saw that she was bleeding in her side.

"What kind of blade did she fall on?" I asked.

"A sawblade." Rick said.

"Okay. I need space so I can try to stop the bleeding." I said.

They then cleared out, closing the door behind them and it was just me and Deanna. I slowly turned her around as to not hurt her more than she is already. I lifted her shirt up and unclipped her bra to see the wound better. It looked pretty deep. It was already turning a deep red. I grabbed the needle and thread that I have and sanitized it then the wound.

I started stitching the wound shut with her yelling in pain. I wanted to hurry and get it done. After a little bit, I finished it. I slid her shirt back down and laid her on her back.

"Thank you Sydney." She said.

"Anytime Deanna." I said.

"You shouldn't have wasted it on me though." She said.

"Why not? I wouldn't going to let the wound stay open." I said.

"Because of this." She said, lifting her shirt and exposed a bite mark on her ribs.

"You were bit?" I asked, not wanting to believe it.

"Yeah." She said.

"Does the others know?" I asked.

"They don't but can you tell them?" She asked.

"I will." I said.

The door then opened after she covered the bite. I looked at Rick with tears in my eyes.