Chapter 87

A building came into view and we came to a stop.

"This is the place. But once we go inside, we have to be quiet and be careful where we step. We can't make no noise or else they'll wake up." Nathan said. "Are you ready Rick?" He asked.

"Yeah." Rick said.

Rick kissed me before joining Nathan. Helena stayed with me and Natalie. We hid in the bushes that was big enough to hide us. Natalie wrapped her arms around my waist with her face buried into my stomach. I rubbed her back and motioned for her to crouch down to hide better.

I heard leaves rustling in the distance and they were getting closer to us. I listened closer to the footsteps but it doesn't sound like human footsteps. They're much slower and sounds like a foot is dragging.

"I don't think that's them." I whispered to Helena.

"What do you mean?" Helena asked, confused.

"Listen to the sound of the footsteps. It's not normal walking like a human. I think it's a walker." I said.

I peeked over and saw a tall and big figure. There was two arms coming out of both sides like it has four arms. I took a closer look and saw walkers morphed into one big walker.

"What the hell?" I mumbled.

"What?" Helena asked, peeking over the bushes. "What the hell is that thing?" She asked.

"I don't know but it's not good and it's heading this way. We can't let it get into the building where Rick and Nathan are." I said. "We have to distract it." I added.

We thought of a plan and I stayed back while Helena hid Natalie in a better place and stayed with her while watching me. When the walker got closer, I saw that there was a walker head in the stomach, chest and both sides of it.I can be bit by all sides, no matter what I do. But I have to try to stop this thing if we're going to be safe.

The bad part is that I have to stab all the heads and for all I know there could be more on its back. It's a chance I have to take.

"Come on asshole. I'm over here." I said, standing up.

It was walking towards me and once it was close enough I went to stab the head in the chest but missed when it lurched at me. I fell to my back and it was on top of me.

"Sydney!" Helena shouted.

Rick's POV:

"Sydney!" We heard Helena shout.

Me and Nathan turned to where we came from, worried about what's happening out there.

"They're in trouble. Maybe they caught up and found them." Nathan whispered, to not wake up the walkers at our feet. "We need to go back and help them." He added.

I thought about it and nodded my head. We headed back outside and looked around. I saw Helena pull her knife out and ran towards something. I looked and saw a big figure on the ground. We ran over and I saw it on top of Sydney.

"Sydney!" I shouted, pulling my knife out.

"What the hell is that thing?" Nathan asked.

"Let's answer that after we take care of it before it bites her Nathan!" Helena shouted. "It has multiple heads, we need to stab all of them." She yelled.

We began stabbing the heads we saw and were able to pull the thing off of Sydney and stabbed the remaining heads.

"Are you okay Sydney?" I asked, pulling me against me.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Sydney replied.

"Were you bit?" I asked, worried.

"No. I wasn't bit." She answered.

"What the fuck was that thing?" Nathan asked.

"It was a mutation. It had multiple walkers inside it. There could be more like it." Sydney said, looking at it. "But this one is dealt with. We need to continue with our original plan." She said.

"They most like heard us. If not, they're deaf." Helena said.

"But they don't know our exact location. You two can still lead them inside that building and we can still hide somewhere." Sydney said.

"But Sydney..." I began to say before she interrupted me.

"Rick, we'll be fine. We need to loose these bastards so they don't follow us to where we're going." She said, putting her hand on my cheek.

"I know but I worry." I said.

"I know you do but we can handle what happens out here. You need to draw those assholes into that building like the hero you are. You're everyone's hero even if you don't believe it." She said. "I'll be out here waiting for you. All three of us will." She added.

"Okay." I said, sighing. "I love you Sydney." I said, putting my hand on her jaw.

"I love you too Rick." She said, smiling.

We kissed for a bit before pulling away. Me and Nathan then headed back into the abandoned police station after one last look at Sydney before walking inside.