𝟎𝟎 || 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

You ran

You ran. You ran as fast as you could.

You ran so fast, in fact, that your tears dried out from the wind aggressively blowing against your face. It was almost like it was trying to prevent you from leaving everything behind. From leaving him behind. It seemed your heart and the breeze had something in common regarding that aspect.

You didn't want to leave. You knew your heart would ache without him with you. Without him staying by you, talking to you, laughing with you, crying with you, loving you.

But you knew that leaving him behind was the right thing to do.

So then, why did it take you every fiber of your being to stop yourself from turning back around? All while knowing what he had done. Ridding yourself of the affection you felt for someone whom you had loved for two years was no easy feat, perhaps.

And no matter how hard you tried to comfort yourself of your separation, reminding you of what he had done, your clouded thoughts still found a way to trace back to your good memories with him.

Memories. That's all they are now. you tried wiping your tears away- although in vain because of the downpour. The raindrops violently crashed against your features. "How coincidental". you scoffed. "It's like god knows what he's done to me." you chuckled bitterly. "But if that's the case, why am I the one out in the cold rain like this, receiving this punishment?" your smile faded as you crouched down, your head buried in your knees. Water slowly started collecting at your bottom eyelids again, threatening to spill over at any second.

But no matter how much you wanted to shout and cry, you restrained yourself while taking a deep breath. You slowly rose back to standing up, resuming your walk- no, run -to the nearest telephone booth for shelter.

Opening the door to the booth, you walked in and closed the door behind you. Reaching for your phone in your small tote bag, you called your mom.

Diluc

Diluc

He quickly slipped a t-shirt back on and grabbed a towel to dry his hair off, walking back to his room eagerly.

"Y/N?" he called out. But the only response he got was his voice's echo. "Y/N where are you?" he chuckled.

His smile slowly faded as he noticed his search was being dragged on, far too long than it should've. He walked back to his room and sat on his bed, reaching for his phone. "Maybe I should call her."

But as soon as he unlocked his phone, he was welcomed by a text message page. He noticed the page had been scrolled through, revealing older messages.

No. No, no, no, no, no, no. The blood seemed to have been sucked out of his face, his face going pale.

He quickly threw himself out of his bed and rushed downstairs. But before he could slip some shoes on, he saw something on the floor. Something that wasn't his. He slowly picked it up and his heart dropped from his stomach, to his feet. "Y/N..." his lips began to tremble slightly, his eyes bloodshot as he looked at the pink decorated pencil in his hands. He fell to the ground as his grip on the pencil tightened.

You looked out the window of your mom's car, silently tracing the raindrops sliding down with your finger

"Well... at least we're moving out this weekend." Your mom tried to console you.

"Yeah. Tonight was the last time I would see him anyway." You reluctantly agreed, trying to soothe your heart-ache.

Silence filled the car.

"I just... I don't understand why he would do that to me." Tears collected in your lashes, your vision slightly blurry.

"It's not you sweetheart, men cheat all the time for no reason. They're jerks."

"I can't believe he cheated on me with some desperate wannabe it-girl." Your tears rolled down your face, but you weren't sobbing. "God, I only saw their texts. I don't- I don't even want to imagine what they did face to face behind my back." you wiped your tears away.

"I really don't want to pry, but do you mind telling me what they texted each other?"

You sighed. "Fine, but promise me you won't go to his house and choke him in his sleep?"

"I'll try." she grinned, glad she could finally see her daughter cracking up a joke.

"She reached out to him at first and kept sucking up to him." you rolled your eyes " "You looked so good at school today" "I can't believe how lucky your girlfriend is" "I noticed you looked down at school today, you know you can always talk to me if you'd like. If I were your girlfriend I'd comfort you." " you imitated her, using the annoying voice you recalled she had.

"And how did he take it?"

"He didn't even bother to block her or ignore her. Instead, he just took the compliments. And even though he didn't return them or any of her advances, why the hell would he still be talking to her?!"

Your mom stopped the car in your house's driveway. "Come on hun, we've got packing to do." she smiled weakly.

You only nodded.

Moving out was the one thing you dreaded an hour ago, but now, you couldn't be more grateful for it. You'd be able to leave everything behind.

So much for planning a whole speech to break it to him. You scoffed.

 You scoffed

--