𝟏𝟗 || 𝐔𝐧𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

hey everyone! quick message. i know its kind of weird to put it at the start of a random chapter but, Diluc may get heavily mischaracterized from now on because i'd like to think hes having character development, its my version of him, and im trying so hard not to think about genshin and the fact im using genshin characters while writing this. (im imagining normal regular ppl/characters instead of genshin characters.) also things are gonna pick up from this point because the plit has been getting no where for 17 chapters and i really wanna finish this god awful book.

"alright we're done here

"alright we're done here." he put his macbook away.

you did the same with your notebook and pens. "this feels so weird. it's like college all over again."

"i suppose so."

"i'm done with my coffee too, shall we head out?" you stood up.

"yes, there's something i'd like to talk to you about on the way."

"let's go then." you walked out, Dawn following closely behind you. "so what's up?"

"i was thinking that we could maybe prepare some sort of event for your café."

"pardon? it's just a café though."

"yes but we can make it something more. not just the small nameless café you go to when you want a brioche and cup of coffee. let's make it the café. only if you're willing to of course."

"i'm all in, but wouldn't people find that weird?"

"people have always found geniuses and their inventions weird at first. then, they all start loving it." he opened his car door for you.

"oh it's fine i'll take the bus." you shook your head.

"i actually want to take you somewhere else." he looked away embarassed.

you grabbed his hand and got in the car, as if he held it out for you and he was your personal driver.

"where to?"

"there's this breathtaking spot near the lake around here. i'd like to take you there to talk about this. i've been postponing asking you about it and i'd like to do it today."

"alright, no problem. just go ahead and kidnap me." you laughed.

"you consented to it." his face stayed straight.

"whaaaat, no i didn't." you continued laughing. "anyways, what else did you want to tell me?"

"so this event, would be promotional. nothing too extravagant. i believe we should go for something simpler and cozier since that is the aesthetic you're going for is it not?" he drove with one hand while the other arm was rested on top of the arm rest next to the brake.

"yes it is..." you were distracted and mesmerized by the way he drove. it was so elegant and smooth. how could driving even be attractive?

"then i suggest going for a small charity sort of event. or something that the people would like. the way we do it is with private events such as galas, but i don't think that would work out for you and your café."