𝟐𝟐 || 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐬𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

As you walked, your phone suddenly buzzed, a phone call

As you walked, your phone suddenly buzzed, a phone call. You pulled your phone out.

As I said, I don't have the energy for socializing.

"Dawn." You mumbled to yourself as you looked at the contact calling your phone.

You fought the grin threatening your lips.

Maybe I have 5 or 10% left of my battery.

You answered.

"Hey Dawn!" Your cheeks flushed. You internally blamed it on the frosty weather.

"I missed hearing your voice." He muttered, his microphone picked it up very well though.

You said nothing.

"Where have you been all day?"

"Um... with Zhongli. Are you oka-"

"Zhongli? Did you go on a date with him?"

Of course he's asking it so bluntly. He doesn't care. He wouldn't care if Christopher Hemsworth himself was my boyfriend.

You entered your appartment complex. "Um... yeah? Well kind of but not really."

He stayed silent.

"I see."

"Yeah. We babysat my little sister instead." You explained as you got in an elevator.

"You have a little sister?" He finally chuckled.

You dropped your shoulders, relieved.

How can a phone call have tense atmosphere?

"I do. You didn't know?" You chuckled too.

"You never told me about her. How old is she?"

"She's four, almost five." You opened the front door to your home. Closing it behind you, you took your coat and shoes off.

"I see."

"Dawn?"

"... Yes?"

"Why'd you call me?" You hung your coat on the racket.

"I... I don't know to be honest."