𝟎𝟕 || 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝?

You fluttered your eyes open at the sound of your alarm

Sitting up in your bed, you stretched a bit and yawned, and then turned it off.

And then, that's when you realized,

Your throat was sore. And your nose was clogged.

"Oh god no! Please!" You groaned and threw yourself back on your bed.

Like everyone, you hated being sick. You hated not being able to breath from the nose because then you'd have to breath from the mouth which not only is loud and unnatural, but it hurts because of the sore throat.

You decided to take some Tylenol and just shrug it off. It wasn't that bad. Just a bit of a sore throat and clogged nose. The following days were going to be worse.

You couldn't cancel on the girls and tell them you'd be closed today. They were probably already ready to go to work.

I shouldn't have stayed after work for so long. I should've just left before the rain got too intense... you felt regretful. But that feeling quickly dissipated as you thought of Dawn's adorable apology.

You glanced at the small bouquet of tulips sitting on your desk across your room, next to the kitty plush.

"Well. Better get ready."

Although it wasn't that bad, you still wore a mask

Although it wasn't that bad, you still wore a mask. Gloves were already a base requirement for you and your staff so you didn't need to worry about infecting the food with your hands.

And you decided not to do a lot of baking or making coffee today just to be safe.

You went to the storage closet to get a mop, coughing a few times in the process. You mopped the floors of your shop.

Someone had tapped your shoulder lightly. You turned around to find your hijabi friend infront of you.

"You should go home if you're sick."

"I'll be fine. Get back to work." You smiled.

"Alright then..."

You continued doing what you had started. A few minutes later someone else had tapped on your shoulder. "Sam, i'll be fine-"