𝟏𝟒 || 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

"so? who's your pick?" Dawn grew impatient

"i'll pick..."

"i don't know..." you sighed.

"sir?" a man came up to Zhongli.

"yes?" he replied.

"could you help me find this book i'm looking for?"

'bingo! now i don't have to pick!'

you grabbed Dawn's arm quickly and left. "okay bye Zhongli!" you ran off.

"slow down! why are you running?" the red haired man you had your arm entangled with tried slowing you down.

you stopped and sighed. "well, that was awkward."

"i have to say, i'm hurt." he said.

"what do you mean?"

"i'm hurt you didn't pick me immediately." he looked into your eyes with his scarlet ones.

"oh... that's..." you blushed as you let go of him.

"we should get you home now." he took your hand gently and dragged you to his car, opening the door for you.

during the car ride, you were silent. none of you spoke a word. he parked by the sidewalk infront of your appartment building.

"thanks a lot." you got off.

he held your hand abruptly. his hand was radiating warmth as usual, but this time, it was stronger.

"don't take it to heart when i said i was hurt..." he looked away while blushing.

"oh." your eyes widened as you realized how easy-to-read you were. "don't worry. i wanted to pick you but i felt like i was annoying you." you smiled bitterly.

"annoying? you?"

"who else?" you laughed softly.

"i don't find you annoying at all. you're quite the company actually." his grip on your hand loosened.

"is that so? then don't expect me to shy away when i ask you out." you smirked as you took his hand and kissed the side of his glove.

he froze in place as you closed the door of his car.

"did that... really happen?" his face grew at least ten times more red.