𝟏𝟖 || 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

i was too late

i was too late. he thought to himself as his heart sank.

he tried ignoring the sudden despair and anxiety washing over him and walked away.

they're probably closing up soon anyways.

"wow. how are you so young yet have so much experience and stories to tell?" you laughed with Zhongli.

"i don't have that many. anyone would have just as many tales to tell. it's just that they don't know it, or would rather not talk about it. even you." he smiled.

"even me? what do you mean?"

"you started talking about... your past situation the other day did you not? i would gladly lend an ear to you." he smiled again, reassuringly.

"oh..." your mood visibly decreased. "i don't-" you looked around to distract yourself and maybe change the subject. suddenly, you looked out the front window and saw Dawn. "he came?!" you jumped up from your seat and ran outside your café.

but... why didn't he come in?

you stopped in your tracks as you thought about that.

whatever. i wanna know what happened.

you continued chasing after him.

as you finally caught up to him you gently tapped on his shoulder. "hey Dawn!"

"oh, hello." he tried to hide his bad mood.

"how... are you...?" you stared at him confused.

"whats wrong?" he asked.

"are you okay? you look a bit sad."

"ah yes i uh-" he cleared his throat. "i thought your café was closed and i saw you were busy with Zhongli so i didn't want to pry."

"you? pry? are you stupid?"

"what?!" he furrowed his eyebrows taken-aback.

"Dawn how could you ever pry?" you laughed softly.

"well you seemed to be getting along real well with Zhongli. looked like you didn't want to be disturbed."

wait...

is he jealous or...?

"not at all, i would've loved if you joined. Sam is in there too..." you elbowed him.

"pardon?"

"yeah yeah whatever keep playing dumb." you teased. "come on let's go inside."

"playing dumb? what are you talking about?"

"oh you know- just the fact you have the biggest crush on Sam." you smiled.

why am i doing this to myself? i hate this.