Chapter 14: New Characters

Lucy's POV

      The sun's rays felt warm on my skin as i tried my best to open my eyes to start the day. This task was rather hard for me due to the party last night that ended an hour before midnight, but it needed to be done. I need to attend school, not a second late. I have, after all, a reputation to maintain. The school's biggest nerd cannot be late or else her rather clean record will be contaminated. Nope, that is rather unacceptable.

      Finally accomplishing the task, i pulled myself out of my bed before entering the bathroom. I washed up and prepared for school. Once done with my morning routine and finally in my respected uniform, i went down to accompany my family for breakfast.

  Descending from the stairs, i saw Luke doing the same. It seems like he's still sleepy. Well, i'm not surprised. The party ended at 11 but he and his gang went all out and stayed until 2 am to play video games and watch basketball. I knew all of this because they were soooo noisy last night that i hardly got any sleep too. Tsk, boys..

      "Good Morning, Luke!"

      "Morning, Lucy. Had fun last night?" He asked before yawning. We were talking while walking to the dining room where we saw mom and dad settled and eating.

      "Yup. I really did! Thank you for the party by the way. We had fun!" My voice was laced with pure enthusiasm as we got seated on the long dining table.

     "No problem, lil'sis! You and your bandmates deserve it for winning that contest." I can only smile in response as we continue on eating.

————————————————

      "Hey, Lucy!" I gave my 'bandmates' my brightest smile as i got seated on our usual table here at the cafeteria. It's already lunch time, which means i'm half way through the day. Just a couple more hours and i'm free to go.

      "Hey, guys!" Soon, we were engaged on our usual weird conversation as we ate our lunch. While conversing, i can't help but wander my eyes around the caferteria. Actually, i don't know what came over me. I don't know why i'm looking for him.

       Just my luck, it seems that my friends caught on to me.

      "Looking for someone, Lucy?" Pink tinted my cheeks as i realized that i looked rather desperate on seeing him. Way to go, Lucy!

      "No one!"

      "Whatever you say...So, Lucy.. How are things with you and Cole?" This sudden topic made me blush and look away as the girls snickered in amusement.

      "I don't know what your talking about." I mumbled as i bit on my apple, still not looking at them in the eye. 'God! Why am i acting like this?!'

      "Oh my, it seems like our little Lucy had grown up." My cheeks instantly burned up as Miyuki's words sinked in on me. Urgh! Make them stop before i believe them!!

     "Seems so.. Awww, ~someone's inlove!" Cindy sang as i further sank on my seat in both embarrassment and confusion. Embarrassed because they kept on nagging openly about my 'love life'. And confused because of my own feelings.

      I want to hold on to my feelings that lasted for almost 9 years. But now that Cole was around, it seems that it's starting to change.

      "WAIT! Who's inlove?" 8 pair of eyes stared at the new figure who just appeared out of nowhere. There, leaning on our lunch table, is an angel with long wavy silver hair that flows freely down on her back and has oceanic blue eyes that can melt you by just looking.