Chapter 22: They're here?!

Natsu's POV

  I can't believe it..

  She's here..

  Within my reach. Only an arm's length.

  It turns out that the 'Luce' that called my brother and my Lucy was the same. God.. The irony of the situation.

  When she started crying in my arms, i can't help but feel guilty and hurt. Guilty, since i felt like i'm deceiving her. That i'm making her think that i'm Cole. Hurt, since she looks pained and betrayed. Other than that, i felt a pang of jealousy. Lucy.. My Lucy.. she grew close to Cole. She even admitted that she can't sleep last night since she was worried. Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful that my brother found a great friend like Lucy. But in the same time, i don't want their relationship go beyond that. I may sound selfish but what can i do? I love my brother but i'm inlove with Lucy..

  Who should i pick? Rather, what should i choose? My brother's happiness or mine? Moreover, who does Lucy even like?

*RING RING RING*

  Glancing down my own phone, i grew confused once i saw who was calling me. Gray.. what in the world would that Ice Princess want?

  "Hello?" I responded once i answered his phone call.

  "Hey, Flame Brain." An invisible tick mark appeared on my forehead hearing his remark.

  "What do you need, Ice Freak?" Glaring at nothing in particular, i gripped the phone in my hand harder to control my annoyance.

  "Where are you?" He didn't even answer my question. Sheesh, this guy seriously knows how to annoy the hell out of me.

  "In Japan, dumbass."

  "I mean where in Japan, Ash-for-brains." I raised an eyebrow at his question.

  "Why the hell would you wanna know?"

  "Just tell me, Idiot!"

  "Not unless you tell me the reason." I heard muffled curses from the other side. Some more shuffling and noises. The hell is happening?

  "Listen, Salamander. We don't have time to play hide and seek. Just tell us where you live or better yet, pick us from the freakin' airport!" Wait.. that wasn't Gray. He sounded like Gajeel. And did he just say airport? The f*ck is going on?

  "What the hell are you talking about?!" Another series of shuffling and curses was heard before another familiar voice responded.

  "Natsu, what these two idiots are trying to say is that we are here in Japan. Aunt sent us here along with Wendy. Come pick us up." That voice.. was that Laxus? And wait.. did he just say Wendy? What in Mavis' name was Auntie thinking when she sent innocent little Wendy here in Japan with three idiots such as Ice Princess, Metal Face and Laxus? Is she crazy?!

  "What?! She did what?!" I yelled. Both shocked and panicking. F*ck! F*ck! F*ck! This isn't good! Auntie probably sent them here to look after Cole and I. What would happen if they found out that Cole's in the hospital? Worse, he's in comatose? And that i'm pretending to be him by attending his classes and school? Why does the world hate me so much!?!?!

  "Just come pick us up, Stupid!" I heard Laxus said from the other side of the phone. He seems annoyed. I guess i have no choice. All i can do is stall them and prevent them from finding out. But how?! They knew we live in the same house. How can i keep such a big lie?!

  "Alright. I'll be there in 30." With that, i hanged up. Sh*t! Can i even talk them into this? Probably not. My cousins, especially Wendy, are loyal to Auntie.

  We have quite a large family, you see. My late father had an older sister. She's Aunt Porlyusica, a famous doctor at a prestigious hospital back at America. She never was married that's why she doesn't have a kid. Also the reason why she 'gladly' became our guardian. Dad also had two close cousins, Grandine-san, Wendy's mother, and Metallicana-san, Gajeel's Father. They both took over the Dragneel Corp. after my father died. Meanwhile, Laxus is my second cousin. We are connected by our great grandmother, Mavis Vermilion. Laxus' grandfather, Mavis' son, happens to be Mr. Dreyar or Ji-chan as we call him, Cole's neighbor and temporary guardian here in Japan. It wasn't a coincidence. Auntie allowed Cole to stay here in Japan only if he agreed to live next door to Ji-chan. That way, she knew he was being taken care of by someone she trusts. Confusing, right?

  So, yeah. They are all my cousins, except Ice Princess. He's just a close family friend, son of Ur Fullbuster who happens to be one of Uncle Metallicana's business partner. Gray practically grew up with us since his mother often bring him along when she comes visit. Doesn't mean we get along, though.

  F*ck! What should i do?!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

  "Eh? Cole-san? I thought Natsu-san was going to fetch us?" Wendy asked me, confused by my presence. I gave her a look of confusion as well. Why is she calling me Cole? Err—right.. i dyed my hair to match Cole's. Instead of it being naturally Salmon, it's now black. It was more effective than wearing a wig. That's probably why they thought i was him.

  "I'm not Cole, Wens. I'm Natsu." I confessed, earning myself confused and shocked looks from them.

  "What-"

  "It's a long story. I'll tell you guys later. Promise."

  "Tch. You got a lot of explaining to do, Flame Brain. It took you long enough to get here! Did you get lost or did you forgot where the airport is?" The ice princess mocked, sending e a glare which i gladly returned.

  "I didn't, yah Stripper! The airport isn't exactly near our apartment. So, shut up." I snapped.

  "Don't you dare start a fight here, morons. I'm interested on what this idiot got himself into. Let's just go back to your apartment " no one complained after that. They all followed me out the airport and into my car. I drove off once we were all settled.

  I parked safely on an available parking spot, immediately exited the car and made my way towards the tall white building, ignoring the calls and questions that my cousins—and rival, threw at me. Despite their hesitation, they still followed me inside. I didn't utter a word to them. We rode the elevator up to the 3rd floor in complete silence. I lead them to room 65 which is where my twin is admitted.

  "F*ck! Is that?!" Gray cursed loudly once seeing the pale body on the bed. The same shocked reaction can be seen on the rest of them.

  "You should all sit down. This will be a long explanation.. "

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hello!

  Hehehe.. This took me quite a long time to update, huh? Err, gomen?

  Like always, i'm not sure when i'll be able to update again. Hehehe

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14