Chapter 20: Missing

Lucy's POV

  *BEEP BEEP BEEP*

  Groaning, i slammed my fist on my noisy alarm clock that was sitting on my bed side table. With an annoyed sigh, i pushed myself out of bed. It was monday, yet again. A day had passed since i heard from Cole. He hadn't tried to contact me nor my brother since then. I wanted to deny it but i'm starting to get worried. I may not know Cole that long but i do know that he isn't the type to ditch his friends and make them worry by not calling and losing touch. He's just not like that..

  Another sigh escaped my lips as i entered the bathroom rather lazily. I'm still tired, as you can tell. I slept late last night, worrying and unsettled. As i did my morning routine, the only thought that crossed my mind was Cole. Was he going to school today? Was he alright? Why didn't he contacted any of us? Did something happened?

  Slipping on my uniform and fixing myself to look presentable, i went downstairs. Not surprisingly, my family was already there, eating and munching on their own food. Didn't even bothered to wait for me, huh?

  Grumbling words that comes along with 'unfair' and 'impatient ', i went in to join them. Sitting beside Mom, i started to eat my own breakfast which composed of eggs, bacons and hotdogs.

  "Anything from Cole?" My mom asked. I looked at her from the corner of my eyes, not bothering to look at her, i saw her give me side glances. Gulping down the lump of food on my throat, i diverted my full attention to her.

  "Nothing at all. I called him last night over 50 times now but still no sign of him." She gave me a sympathetic look, probably because she noticed the bags that were forming under my eyes due to the lack of sleep. She, so does my Father, knows about the current situation. They too tried to help by trying to contact his legal guardian but then we found out that he lives by himself. He do have a lot of relatives out there, this includes his Father's cousin, Metallicana and Grandine, who both is currently managing his deceased parent's company and businesses. That is until he comes to age. However, his legal guardian is his Aunt, his Father's older sister, who took him in after the death of his parents but she lives in America due to her work. His Aunt Porlyusica, is an old woman who works as a doctor at a known hospital there. The only person who can be classified as his guardian now since he is still under age is his neighbor, Mr. Makarov Dreyar, who also happens to be his Auntie's good friend. We tried contacting him but he also have no idea about Cole's whereabouts. He said that he didn't come home last night, which caused him to worry. He offered his help also.

  According to Mr. Dreyar, Cole used to live in America with his Aunt. He always had been curious. He wanted to experience the life his parent's had here in Japan. That is why he asked his Aunt if he could live here instead. He's been living by himself for a year now.

  "Sheesh, where has that kid gone off to?" My father sighed as he stood up from his seat causing us to look at him in wonder.

  "W-What? I'm already done eating and also, i have an 8 am meeting this morning. You kids should hurry to. Your going to be late." He must have noticed our stares. Glancing up at the wall clock, i realized that he was right. School's about to start in half an hour. Stricken with this reality, me and my brother picked our pace. We ate the last remains of our food and gulped down our own drinks. Not wasting any more time, we raced out of the door.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

  "What's with you?" Ara asked me once i was safely seated on my own seat at our classroom. She probably saw the tired look on my eyes.

  "Nothing. Just that Cole has been worrying the hell out of us." Was my answer. She returned my response with a blank look, sending me a 'what-are-you-talking-about' message.