Chapter 18: The Incident

Natsu's POV

I dashed through the hallway of the hospital in lightning speed. Bits of sweat dripping down my forehead but i didn't bother to stop and wipe them off. I'm in a hurry, obviously. I just received a phone call from the police saying that my brother got caught up with an accident. No wonder why he didn't show up earlier at the apartment when i was waiting for him. It was already 2 hours since he called me via his phone to inform me about my school. It took me less than five minutes to reach our apartment, though. An hour and a half later, still no sign of my God-forsaken twin. And when i finally called him, someone else answered saying he's in the god damn hospital! Aish! What did he get himself into?!

"Excuse me, Miss! Where can i find Cole Dragneel?" I asked in desperation as i reached the information desk. The assigned nurse looked surprised but did as i what i asked. She fiddled down on her computer before checking some papers then turning to look at me.

  "On room 65, sir. Just go straight ahead. Ride the elevator up to the third floor and search for his assigned room." The nurse instructed. I nodded in thanks before running off to the direction she gave.

~On Room 65~

"Cole!" I yelled as i opened the door widely before dashing inside, looking drastically around the room for my brother. In instant, my eyes landed on a familiar figure lying unconscious on the hospital bed.

"Sh!t. What happened to him?!" I cursed under my breath as i approached him. His face were covered with violet-colored bruise and cuts. His left eye was swollen, right cheek covered with a big white gauze bandage. His arm i presume broken was covered and hanged in an arm sling. His forehead was covered in bandage. Also, he's wearing a neck brace. He's a mess..

"Are you Mr. Natsu Dragneel? The one we talked to earlier over the phone?" A new voice said as i whipped around to look who it was. There, standing by the doorframe of Cole's hospital room were men dressed in police uniforms.

"Yes. That was me. Do you mind filling me in? What happened to my brother?" I asked them as they fully entered the room.

"Your brother was a victim of a reckless driving case. Apparently, about 2 hours ago, Cole encountered a drunk driver who was driving rather recklessly. The drunkard just suddenly swerved, hitting your brother's car in the process. Unfortunately, Cole's car hit a nearby tree and there he is now. On coma." One of the police explained. I can only scowl in frustration at the new information.

"How about the drunkard?" I asked.

"Don't worry about him. He only received minor injuries and he is to pay for his sins. He's in our custody. Behind bars."

"Serves him right. Can i talk to Cole's doctor?"

"Of course. If you would excuse us, we will take our leave. I will ask one of my men to call the doctor on our way out. Again, We are terribly sorry for what happened to your brother." And with that, i was left alone in Cole's room. Only the beeping sound of the monitor attached to my twin was heard. But i didn't mind the silence. In fact, i liked it. A way to collect  my thoughts.

I placed a chair beside Cole's bed before sitting in it. I rested my head on my hands before letting out a loud sigh.

What am i gonna do now? Auntie wouldn't like this. She sent me here to look after Cole. What would i tell her? 'Hey, Auntie. Just called to tell you that Cole is in coma. Apparently, he was involved on a car accident and almost died. So, yeah. That's it. No biggie.' Urgh! She'll kill me!

Ever since i can remember, my stubborn twin brother was so persistent to live here. That's what he kept on asking from Auntie. To let him stay and study here instead. Of course, she was agaisnt it. This is the place where our parents died after all. Even though Cole wasn't there nor did he knew them well, she was still worried. She didn't want to fill his head with many questions or whatnot.

And yeah, Cole didn't knew our parents. Heck, i didn't even know i have a twin brother not until a few years ago. After the incident. Apparently, Cole needed special medical attention. He has a weak heart. And Japan didn't have the medical facilities nor equipments back then. He would have died if it weren't for Auntie who had taken him to America. There, he slowly healed and was taken good care of. But since his condition wasn't stable, he was never given the chance to return to Japan and meet us. His existence was hidden from me to not raise any more questions.

I can't say i blamed them, though. I would have begged them to buy tickets to America just to meet him. I was a very stubborn and persistent child back then.

A long and peaceful silence insued. I was still deep in thought as i stared in nothing particular. What should i do? Should i tell Auntie?

*Ring Ring Ring*

My train of thoughts was abruptly put to a stop when i heard a phone ring. I searched the place for the source. Unexpectedly, my eyes landed on the bedside table near my brother's bed. There, vibrating and ringing, was Cole's phone. The police might have put it there earlier, i thought.

With further hesitation, i decided to check who the caller was. I don't want to invade my twin's privacy by answering calls for him, but what if it was important?

I felt my heart skipped a beat by the time i realized who was calling..

Could it be?

The screen read,

Calling..

Luce シ

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey guys!

  Long time no update! Sorry for the delay... hope you all can forgive me. *hesitant smile*

  Anyways, hope you all would enjoy..

Please follow me, read, comment and vote..

Love lots,

-JeRein_14