Chapter 12: Familiar

Lucy's POV

      In an instant, before i could process anything... He's already standing 3 inches away from me.

      Only a breath away. It also puzzles me on how did he moved so fast. In a blink of an eye, he's already SO close to me. But i didn't found myself complaining. Somehow, his presence doesn't bother me. Not much, i might add.

      We stood there in silence. Looking at each other's eyes. Completely lost.

      This is the first time i got so close to him. And the first time i got to study his features. Mesmerizing eyes, long eyelashes, high cheekbones, sharp nose, perfect jawline and reddish lips.

      Once i took in his features, i realized something i never got to notice before. He looks REALLY familiar.

       I started to have this weird feeling that i saw him before. Seriously. But.... i can't remember when or where.

      "Luce, are you alright?"

      His husky voice dragged me out of my thoughts. Just then i realized that i spaced out. Infront of him. More like staring at him. Embarrassing, i know... >/////<

      "Huh?"

      "You were frowning like you failed a math or geometry exam." He humored while laughing lightly at his own joke.

      I don't know why but that caused me to laugh as well. Maybe its the sound of his laughter. So deep but childish at the same time.

      "So, mind sharing the cause of that frown?" He persuaded. I can see the determination in his eyes.

      "Its no big deal. Just tired. I guess..."

      He didn't spoke after that. But he excused himself and quickly disappeared through the crowd.

      At first, i was dumbfounded. Like, did he just left? Well.. not that he's required to stay. But still. I feel unwanted because of that.

      I sighed while thinking of possible excuses on why Cole left almost immediately. But failed miserably. Maybe he really don't want me around... but who am i to complain anyway?

      I scanned the area for a vacant chair which didn't took me lomg enough to spot. It was a vacant chair near the buffet table.

      I was about to make my way to my chosen seat but was stop almost immediately. A waiter stood infront of me while gesturing me to stop.

       Just then i noticed. Mom and dad hired catering instead of the usual homecooking kind of food. Probably because of the lack of time they had to prepare.

      There are waiters roaming around the room carrying trays of food or drinks. Some were standing behind the buffet table. Their wearing the usual waiters uniform you often see on Fancy Restaurants.

      The waiter who stopped me lead me to another table, the one just infront of the mini stage.

      Wait.... a mini stage? Where did that came from?

     Miyuki, Arabella and Cindy joined me with smiles on their faces. Clearly showing that they're enjoying the party.

      At the corner of my eye, i can see the waiters guiding each guests to tables quite far from where we are sitting.

      In other words, all the guests aside from the 4 of us, are sitting on tables at the sides while we stayed at the center.

      We started to get confused on what's happening.

      But by the time that we were about to question the sudden twist of events, the lights started to dim and the spotlight was focused on us.

      Music started playing while 4 good looking guys entered the room, spotlight also on them. Their wearing tuxedos and a rose on hands. And Cole is one of them....

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey, Reinas...

Sorry for the super duper late upload.. schoolwork and writer's block drives me crazy this days....

Gomenasai.... ╯︿╰

Please follow me, read, comment and vote..

Love lots,

☆JeRein_14