Chapter 17: Move on?

Lucy's POV

"Are you alright, Lucy?" I glanced back at Ara who was looking at me, clearly worried.

"Yeah, i'm fine." I forced out a smile which made her frown deepen even more.

"Sheesh, Lucy. I asked you out today to forget about your problems not to think of them even more. Seriously, loosen up a bit." I know she's trying her best to cheer me up. I know she's exerting effort to make me happy. That's probably why i feel guilty right now. Not because i can't lift up my spirit for her, but because i can't fulfill my responsibility as her bestfriend and cousin. She's worried about me. I should be having fun with her, but after what i saw earlier, i can't seem to force myself to.

"I'm sorry, Ara. I'm just having a tough week." I groaned as i run my hand through my blonde hair.

"Listen Lucy. I've given you space like you wanted. But enough is enough. We're not leaving this cafe unless you tell me what's bothering you." I looked at her, taken a back by her words. She's right though. I'll have to tell her sooner or later.

Finally deciding on what to do, i leaned forward up to the middle of the table we're currently sharing, before gesturing her to lean as well. She did immediately.

"Do you still remember Natsu?" I whispered, my voice as small as a mouse.

"Natsu? You mean THE Natsu Dragneel, your childhood bestfriend and first love?" She asked which made me nod in agreement.

"Yeah.."

"What about him?"

"Now, insert Cole in the picture. " i said. Yeah, she know Natsu. She's my cousin after all. She met him a few times way back.

"I don't see the-OMG! I can't believe i forgot! They have the same surname! Eyes and some physical features as well" her eyes were about the size of a saucer as her mouth hang open a bit. Disbelief written on her expression.

"Now you know why i'm acting a bit off lately?" I asked while leaning back, hands crossed infront of me.

"I totally get you, couz! I mean, he can be Natsu in disguise for all we know!" I somehow felt a huge weight was removed from me as i looked at Ara, thankful and glad

"I know. And now i don't know what to do.."

"Say, do you still love him? Natsu, i mean." I looked at her before nodding hesitatingly and slowly.

"Yeah.."

"What?! For that long?! It's been 5 years!" I flinched lightly at her little outburst before

"You don't have to rub it in my face! I know how big of an idiot i'am for still loving someone who has no chance of coming back!" I half yelled, careful not to raise my voice at her to not attract unwanted attention.

"I'm sorry, Lucy.. I know it's been hard for you. But please, try to move on.. You'll just hurt yourself even more if you continue on hoping that he'll come back. He's at the other side of the world, God knows where. That's why, please.." Ara pleaded which made me look away in guilt.

"I don't know if i can.. It's easier said than done.." and after what i saw earlier. My heart still wants to hope that it was indeed Natsu, but my mind says otherwise.. I'm a mess..

"I'll help you." My eyes snapped directly at her in disbelief.

"No way! You'll just set me up to some random guys! Nope! Not gonna happen!" I snapped at her, who just gave me her innocent smile.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"Urgh! Just stop. And besides, ever heard of the saying 'Time heals all wounds.'?"

"Fine. Fine. Don't blame me for offering help."

"Tch. Let's just go home."

---------------

Normal POV

A 15 year old teenage boy wearing a red sweatshirt was walking down the streets towards his new apartment, which was apparently owned by his relatives. He just arrived at Japan a couple of days ago. After 5 years, he can finally say he's home..

A few blocks from where he's currently staying, his phone rang signalling him that someone's calling him. With a sigh, he answered the call, not bothering to look at the caller ID as he think it was one of his friends at America checking up on him, or rather Cole.

"Hello?" The teenage boy said as he paused walking, deciding on giving the mysterious caller his full attention.

"Bro! Where are you?" A rather deep and familiar voice said from across the line which the boy recognized upon instantly.

"Cole?"

"Got that right! Where are you?" The latter asked once again which made the receiver frown lightly.

"On my way home. Why did you asked?"

"Really? Good! I'll meet you back at the apartment in 10 minutes. I'll accompany you to school."

"School? What are you talking about? I still don't attend any school here in Japan. Just returned, remember? And besides, it's saturday!" The boy grumbled in annoyance as he can't clearly understand what the other means.

"I'm coming with you to enroll you to my school, dumba**!"

"Tch. You should have just said so! What's the name of your school, anyways?"

"Adamson Academy." The boy's eyebrows met in somewhat a confused expression.

"Adamson Academy? I think i've heard of it before."

"Really? No surprise there, the owners are filthy rich. Known all over the world."

"Who are they?"

"The Hatofiria's. They owned multiple hotels, companies and restaurants. They're really legendary." The boy's eyes widened in realization. Hatofiria...

"W-What?"

"Huh? Why?"

"Uhhhh, nothing. J-Just come home already so w-we can get this over with.." with that, the boy hit the end button, not waiting for his twin brother to reply.

Natsu let out a frustrated sigh as he ran his hands through his salmon locks. He's nervous.

You heard right..

Natsu Dragneel, the 15-year old pink haired twin brother of Cole Dragneel, was nervous. Afraid even. He was sweating and fidgeting nervously. He knows the Hatofiria, alright. Especially their golden princess..

What if Lucy hates him for leaving her all alone? What if she despise him? Or worse, what if she forgot about him?

He has so many questions. But what he's afraid the most..

What if he's too late?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi, minna!

Hope you all like it!

By the way, our clan is still looking for members! The name is Anime Rocks with dark blue background and white 'y' design. My username is Rein!

Please follow me, read, comment and vote..

Love lots
-JeRein_14