04. PROVE IT

"Wait wait wait.... Uh.. I can't let you do this", said

Jennifer.

EDWARD: What happened?

JENNIFER: I know this sounds weird. But, as an older person than you. I can't let you kids get into problems. That's too reckless, don't you think?

Four of them are sitting at a table, having that weird look on their faces towards Jenny, Jacob is holding the book and is about to open it.

JENNIFER: You understand what I'm trying to say right?

STACY: Oh look who's scared all of a sudden. the non believer.

EDWARD: Kids? What are you? 60?

"You must be joking", said Jacob. And opened the book at once. Everyone's waiting for some reaction with silence, but nothing happened.

JENNIFER: See? no super powers. It's just an ordinary book.

Suddenly a huge thudding started on the metal door. Everyone was startled at once. Jacob went forward slowly and opened the door.

MR. SANCHEZ: [aggressively entering the room] What are you all doing here? school time is over already.

[Looking at Edward,] Foster! What are you doing here with these people, skipping today's training? Quick. 50 laps around the ground.

EDWARD: What?

MR. SANCHEZ: 100. Now go. Remaining, get out.

EDWARD: Yes coach.

JENNIFER: [to Jacob ] Give me the book. I'll keep it.

JACOB: No. I'll keep it.

JENNIFER: Jacob! give it to me.

JACOB: No.

"I said, get the hell out of here", shouted Mr.Sanchez. And they ran out.

After a while Jenny reached home. She went into her bathroom, took a shower thinking about all the discussion they had today. When came out she saw Mrs.Flores was sitting at her bed.

JENNIFER: [startled]Oh.. you gave me a heart attack.

MRS.FLORES: [chuckles] I'm sorry. Where were you?

JENNIFER: Uh.... At Grace's school.

MRS.FLORES: Oh... but why?

JENNIFER: Nothing... just having a friendly chat with her mates.

MRS.FLORES: Jacob, Stacy and Edward?

JENNIFER: Yeah.

MRS.FLORES: Thought you were enemies since that....... Okay. Anyway that's good. Uh... Actually I came here to ask about when you are planning to return?

JENNIFER: Soon aunt Anna. But not yet. I have some work to finish here.

MRS.FLORES: Work? Regarding what? Jenny.. I don't mean you to leave, but I just don't want you to get distracted from your goal because of.......

JACOB: [slowly] This isn't real. Grace will never say these words. [Furiously] You are not her. And you can't take over my head. I won't let you.

And he turned back to leave and saw something with a dreadful face and with a shock, he slipped back from the cliff.

He kept falling and falling into the depths.

Pounded on his bed, Jacob woke up gasping and looked around. He felt relieved that it is the same room where he slept a few hours ago. Once he looked at the book he kept on the study table, walked towards it and took it from there with ferocity.