13. I SAW HER

Edward and Stacy, both were sitting at the steps outside the main door. Jenny walked towards them and sat in between. Jacob is sitting with Lily in the hall and watching them from inside. " Despite what you did until now, and what was in your mind, we have to find a solution. And I know there is some strong reason why you came here. So, tell us at least now, Jacob. What did you find?", Jenny asked.

STACY: Seriously? Do you still trust that guy? He is the reason why your sister died.

JENNIFER: I know I shouldn't. And I'll never forgive him for what he did. But we have to look forward, Stacy, not back. We need to put an end to this. We have to save ourselves at least. For that, Jacob's going to help us.

EDWARD: [standing up] Jenny's right. We'll deal with him later. But for now, we need to stick together. STACY: Yeah okay. Start talking then.

Jacob started explaining the reason why he had to leave the house in the middle of that night, who's Billie and the theory that's told by him and also the reason he came to Valle Crucis. When he was explaining about the night he got attacked, he told them about the girl who attacked him before Billie. "I Saw Her",both Jenny and Stacy said at once.

JACOB: Really?

STACY: Yeah. A very young girl. Probably 13 to 15 years old.

LILY: Yes. It's her.

JENNIFER: The girl I saw was a bit younger. Was like 11 or

12 maybe. I must be mistaken then.

JACOB: [to Lily] Why are you saying yes? [Giving a gap] Oh... My scary friend you were talking about, that night. And your imaginary friends. Are not actually imaginary. Right?

LILY: I think so.

JACOB: [Looking at Jenny and remaining] Is that mean,

Lily's involved too? Is she in trouble?

JENNIFER: I'm not sure Jacob.

JACOB: [Holding his head] What have I done..... What am I gonna do?

JENNIFER: You said you came here to meet a lady, who gave the book to Billie right?

JACOB: Yeah.

JENNIFER: What's her name again?

JACOB: Agnes Williams

JENNIFER: Agnes Williams.. hmmm [Thinking deeply] Williams. [Surprisingly] Guys, it's the same family name of the writer of that book. Her name is Violet Williams.

EDWARD: Then, she definitely knows more about that book.

She can tell us. At least we can find some other way.

JACOB: Guys I need to take Lily home. It is not safe for her to be a part of this mission.

STACY: [Rudely] You are not going anywhere. You're gonna take us to that Williams house.

JENNIFER:It's okay. I'll stay here and look after Lily. Three of you, go and talk to that lady.

STACY: Ok. That's better. But be careful. Don't go anywhere alone.

EDWARD: Call the next moment, if you feel anything suspicious.

JENNIFER: Yeah.

Three of them took Jenny's car and went to that farm house. Standing at the main door, Edward rang the doorbell. Few seconds passed, but she neither answered nor opened it. When Edward was about to ring it again, Stacy turned the door knob slightly and the door opened.

STACY: It's not locked.

EDWARD: Stacy! It's not good manners.

STACY: [Entering inside] Shut up and come with me.

JACOB: [going inside, Whispering] we're not supposed to break into someone's house like this.

STACY: [whispering] Don't talk like you always did the fair thing.

They slowly walked inside looking around. All the lights in the house were off and was totally dark. Edward and Jacob slowly walked forward. While passing by the staircase, Stacy saw some light coming from a room on the upper floor and walked towards it. She slowly sneaked inside and saw Mrs. Williams pointed a shotgun at her throat and was ready to kill herself.

"Stop", Stacy came forward shouting.

Agnes startled and pointed the gun towards Stacy. "Who are you? How did you get in here?",Agnes asked. Both Edward and Jacob came to Stacy immediately.

MRS.WILLIAMS: [Looking at Jacob] You? I've already told you. There's nothing I can do. Just get rid of the book.

JACOB: We don't have the book.

EDWARD: Getting rid of it is not the solution.

STACY: We are being haunted, even if it's not with us.

MRS.WILLIAMS:[confused] That's.. that's impossible.

STACY: We need your help.

MRS.WILLIAMS: How? That was the only way I discovered.

You see? I'm helpless.

JACOB: We get it. But at least you can tell us whose book is this, what's its story? And why is all this happening?

MRS.WILLIAMS: It's no use.

STACY: Who's Violet Williams? We saw her name on the book cover. I guess she's one of your family. Is she the girl who's haunting us? [Clicks her tongue] Is she your daughter?

"NO", Agnes shouted at once.

MRS.WILLIAMS: [sat aside] You need to leave, please.

EDWARD: [angrily] No. We can't, until we know the truth behind that book. [Taking a breath] Can you please tell who's Violet?

MRS.WILLIAMS: [exhales] She's my step daughter.

"34 years ago, my husband, Robert died due to tuberculosis. I had two young daughters to feed and take care of. But he left us nothing. So, I started working here and there to earn some money so that I can at least fill my children's empty stomach.

After a year of struggle, I got a job at William's house. Patrick William, is one of the best businessmen in this town. I was hired as the full time housekeeper of his mansion that's located away from town, where his wife, Margaret Williams and his daughter Violet Williams used to live. I was so happy that my girls are going to live in a better place.