10. IT'S A CALL OFF

Billie poured some wine into glasses and soon added some powder in one of them, by trembling. In a moment,

Jacob came to him with the book.

JACOB: Ok show it. [Kept the book in his hands]

BILLIE: [Giving the drink] There is a spell in this book which will stop everything that's happening. We have to find it.

JACOB: Really?

BILLIE: Yeah. The lady, Agnes, told me this.

JACOB: [Sighs] That's a relief. [And he drank the wine] BILLIE: You seem shaken. Did anything happen?

JACOB: Yeah. Just before you came. I've seen something. I don't know what it is but felt like it almost killed me. It's just like how Grace told me back the. We have to find that spell. Come on, do it fast. [He panicked]

BILLIE: Calm down... calm down.... Tell me from the beginning. What happened?

JACOB:Yeah.. yeah...[Walking towards the kitchen] When I opened my eyes... lights were gone ... and th.. there was water all over... yeah I heard some sound... and [breathing heavily] then she came all of a sudden... and grabbed my neck...and... and... I think she'll come again. [thinking] wait. Why are my eyes getting blurry? [Doubtfully And breathing heavily] It's just a glass of wine or....Did you spike it?

When Jacob turned around, Billie attacked him with a knife at once. Jacob tried to dodge but it slitted at his waist. he wasn't able to act fast and nothing was properly visible. He pushed him away and grabbed the bottle from the table and tried to hit him. But Billie dodged it and stabbed Jacob at his shoulder. With a grunt, slowly Jacob fell down and knocked out.

When Jacob opened his eyes with a heavy breath, a nurse came to him, "How are you feeling Mr. Rivera? Can you talk?", she said and started checking his condition.

JACOB: I'm fine. I guess. [He said with a low voice].

"Good", the nurse said.

And she came out from the ICU and informed Jennifer that Jacob is conscious and she can meet him once they shift him to the ward. After hearing that, Jenny felt really relieved and called Edward to inform about it.

Edward showered and took a peek into Stacy's room. She's sleeping. So, he grabbed the keys and left for the hospital. After a while, when he almost reached , the car tire got punctured. "Oh man", said Edward.

He stopped the car aside, and came out to take a look.

EDWARD: [looking at the tire] What the fuck.

He looked around and went to find the Stepney tire in the car's trunk. When he opened it, he's confounded.

In the hospital ward, when Jennifer finally met Jacob, "I hope you have a lot to say", she said.

JACOB: I don't have to.

JENNIFER: Why am I not surprised? Arrogant as ever. You owe us an explanation. So speak, Jacob.

JACOB: Yeah. I do. I have a lot to say. Jenny, but please gimme some time to process things. [Giving a grunt, trying to sit]

JENNIFER: Oh... yeah sorry. Take time.

Meanwhile, the nurse came inside, "Sorry to interrupt. Cops are here. They wanna talk to the patient, they'll take a report if you want to. So, should I let them in?", she asked. Hearing that, Jacob looked at Jenny.

"I think you should report him", Jennifer said. Jacob said yes to the nurse and she let the cops into the ward. After having a conversation with them about the night, the police asked,"Are you sure about the person?".

JACOB: Absolutely. His name is Billie Tartal. He's a park ranger at the Roan mountains.

COP: Thank you. We'll take him to custody as soon as possible. Meanwhile, try to be safe.

The policemen walked out and Jennifer noticed Edward standing outside the ward. She went to him, " why are you so late? I called you an hour ago", Jenny asked.

EDWARD: I know. Tire punctured. JENNIFER: Oh.

EDWARD: And also met someone?

He looked back. It's Lily sitting on the steel chair, staring at them.

JENNIFER: Who's that girl?

EDWARD: [Whispering] Jacob's sister. Lily.

JENNIFER: What? Where did she come from?

EDWARD: Last night. With us. Sleeping in the car trunk.

JENNIFER: What? She's been in there for a whole night?

EDWARD: That doesn't matter. She's been through more. I don't think Jacob will be fine, if he sees her here.

"You are Jacob Rivera's relatives right? These are the medicines and doses he needs to use. He's ready to get discharged.", said the nurse.

JENNIFER: Ok. Thank you nurse.

When Jenny looked back, Lily was already in the ward with Jacob. They both went inside with a surprised look on their faces. When Edward was about to explain,

JACOB: It's okay. Lily told me. There's no need to worry. We're going back home.

JENNIFER: What? That psycho stole the book right? Are we not gonna find him?

JACOB: No. It's gone for good. We're going to stop this investigation.

EDWARD: Really? What if the book reappears. Just like it happened to Grace and Randy?

JACOB: It won't. It's path changed. No problems. We can go back to our normal lives.

EDWARD: I Don't know what theory you're following, but if you're so sure, I can trust that. [Smiled] Aye aye captain. It's a call off then.

Jennifer smiled and just remained mum.

After a while, Jacob got discharged from the hospital, and four of them started driving back to the cabin to pack their luggage and head back to their home. In the car, Jacob asked, "

I haven't seen Stacy yet. Where is she?".

EDWARD: She's sleeping in the cabin.

JENNIFER: She's quite shocked about what she saw yesterday.

JACOB: Yeah. She surely did. She's Hemophobic. Is she ok now, Ed?

JENNIFER: Really?

EDWARD: Yup. It's a big story. But I'm proud that she's doing better these days. She's absolutely fine.

During that little chat, they reached the cabin. Everyone went inside. Edward went into Stacy's room but she's not in there. "Stacy!", he called. But she didn't reply.

JENNIFER: She must've gone outside to get some fresh air. Meanwhile, I'll freshen up. There's a long way to drive ahead.

EDWARD: I thought she'll be surprised seeing Jacob.

LILY: She'll be so happy. It's just postponed for a while.

JENNIFER: Perfectly said, Lily.

Jennifer grabbed a few things and went to the bathroom. Once she opened the door, her body's petrified with shock. She saw blood flowing like water on the floor of the bathroom. Stacy is sitting at a corner trembling and completely soaked, in a shower of blood.

"Help me.", Stacy quarvered.

SO TERRIFYING. ISN'T IT. 

PLEASE DO COMMENT YOUR EXPERIENCE WHILE READING THE STORY