05. WHERE IS HE?

Jenny walked downstairs towards the dining room, where

Mrs. Flores was preparing the food. Jenny took her seat, also her toast and started gobbling up her breakfast.

MRS.FLORES: Someone seems to be hungry. What's the rush? Eat slow.

JENNIFER: No. Yesterday's incomplete task's waiting at Foster's house.

MRS.FLORES: What?

JENNIFER [With a stuffed mouth] Nothing.

And she rushed.

MRS.FLORES: [shouting] Remember the promise. And don't play with that thing.

JENNIFER: [shouting from the door] Ok fine aunt Anna. See you later.

MRS.FLORES: Bye.

At Foster's residence,

Stacy and Edward are sitting in the living room and playing video games.

STACY: When do you think they're gonna arrive?

EDWARD: I Don't know. Jacob didn't pick my call. So I texted him.

And Jenny said she'll be here soon.

STACY: She knows the address right?

EDWARD: Yeah. I shared the location. But I guess she's late due to the rain.

STACY: Good for us. We can play another round.

And the doorbell rang.

EDWARD: I guess not.

Edward opened the door and it's Jenny.

JENNIFER: [Walking inside] Sorry I made you wait. I'm a terrible driver during rain. Surely you guys must've planned something to make me believe. So, [Noticing] Where's Jacob?

And then, they started contacting him over and over. But he's not picking the call. After a while they went to his house. As they knocked on the door, his mother opened it.

STACY: Hi Mrs.Rivera. Can we talk to Jacob once? He's not picking the call actually.

MRS.RIVERA: [annoyingly] He's not home.

STACY: what?

MRS.RIVERA: That son of a bitch has disappeared in a single night. And also stole my cash. Hope you, brats are not involved in this.

STACY: What? No... no Mrs.Rivera. We have no clue about it.

MRS.RIVERA: Ok. Fine.

And when she's about to close the door,

JENNIFER: But where did he go?

" Who knows? But if you kids find him, tell him he's not welcome anymore", she said and slammed the door.

STACY: Okay. Now what?

EDWARD: What about the book? Is it with Jacob?

JENNIFER: Yeah. He said he'll keep it. Maybe he took it with him.

To wherever he's gone.

STACY: Or maybe not. Why don't we check his room once?

EDWARD: I don't think we'll get permission to do that.

STACY: Screw the permissions. We got the window.

From the backyard, Edward climbed to the window and entered Jacob's room. And it's totally messy.

After a while, with alot of multiple thoughts, they returned back to Edward's house.

They tried hours to contact Jacob once again. And sent hundreds of texts and messages. But he responded to none of them. They got, not even a single reply.

STACY: What do you think? This is about the book. Right?

JENNIFER: The book is with him. So, yeah I think it is.

STACY: Then what if something happened last night? What if he's not just ignoring our calls on purpose. He also might be in some trouble. You heard what Lily said right?

JENNIFER: We need to find him. Is there any way to track him down?

STACY: Jacob is the hacker himself. He can do tracking of cell phones. But nobody knows how he does that.

EDWARD:[Hesitantly] I might know. Actually once I saw Jacob doing that. But I never tried. I don't know if it'll even work. JENNIFER: Edward. I think it's time to give it a try.

Edward grabbed the laptop and started working on it. Hours passed but no use.

After a lot of struggle and hard work, with a lot of ups

and downs, he finally cracked it.

EDWARD: [Shouting] Yes. I got him.

JENNIFER: Really? Where is he?

WHERE HE MIGHT GO, SO SUDDENLY. TO KNOW CONTINUE READING THE NEXT CHAPTER