08. BLOOD

"Are you sure, this is the place?", Stacy asked Edward.

They are walking on a wooden path in the middle of the forest.

EDWARD: Yeah. This is the place where I lost his track.

JENNIFER: His mobile might have run out of power.

EDWARD: Yeah. Probably. I guess the signal came from one of these cabins.

STACY: There are hundreds of cabins here Ed....

Suddenly a person ran through them in a rush. Stacy looked at her hand where friction occurred and, "Blood", she said with a frozen voice.

They turned around and ran to the nearest cabin. The doors were open, when they walked in, they saw Jacob laying in his own blood.

After a while in the hospital, Edward, Stacy and Jennifer are waiting worriedly for the door in front of them to get opened. In a moment the doctor came out through, "Though he lost a lot of blood, you made it in time. He's in a stable condition. You people can relax now", he said and left. Edward and Jenny took a deep breath.

After a few minutes, they walked towards the ICU door, taking a peek at Jacob.

EDWARD: It's late. You both go and take some rest. You drove all the way on your own, you must be tired.

JENNIFER: No. I'll stay. Look at her. Stacy needs you more than me.

Stacy's just sitting aside staring at her hands.

JENNIFER: She's been like that for an hour. Go. [She handed the keys]

EDWARD: Ok. Careful... Just text me in case.

JENNIFER: Yeah.

After they left, Sitting outside the ICU for a while,

Jennifer fell asleep.

In the middle of a deep sleep she felt a few bumps and woke up. And saw herself in the backseat of a car. It seemed so dreamy but felt so real like she's really in there. "Where am

I?", asked herself.

"Hey sleepy head.", said the lady sitting in the front seat.

JENNIFER: [Staring at her] Mom?

MRS.ALLEN: Just a few more minutes, we'll be there honey.

JENNIFER:[confused] But... but how is this possible?

MR. ALLEN:[cheerfully] Best summer vacation ever. Just as I promised.

JENNIFER: [weepingly] Dad, I don't understand. How is this even possible? Am I dreaming? [Tried to touch her father's shoulder]

Suddenly a truck came up in front of them

and they crashed into it, after her brain glitched for a moment, she found the car in water and was rapidly getting filled, both her parents were unconscious. She's panicking, screaming for help, trying to unlock the doors. Calling them, "Mom!Dad! Wake up". But no use. The car almost drowned completely. She's trying so hard to get out of there. But it's useless. She tried to push the door as hard as possible.

After a few seconds it opened at once and Jennifer came out of it. But she couldn't save her parents, she just saw both of them drowning deep down into the waters and was able to do nothing . She was torpid and couldn't move her body, slowly her eyes closed.

After a few seconds she opened her eyes, swam up and reached the surface, with a heavy breath. But now, she's somewhere else. It's an old well. Jennifer was shocked and confused, even more this time.

JENNIFER: [panting slowly]No.. no.. no.... What is this? Somebody please pull me out of here. [She sniveled by shivering with cold]

She was screaming, "Help... help....". Then she started hearing some dragging sound of a huge bag and saw a shadow at the well opening. A lady, standing at the opening of the well.

JENNIFER: Hey.. help me, I'm cold. Get me a rope. Please.

But she said nothing and dropped a bag into the well. Jennifer felt like it would fall on her and she shielded her hands. After a few seconds, hearing the buzzing sound of the light, she took the cover off and looked around. It's the same hospital corridor where she was taking a nap earlier. The lights were dull, and she's completely soaked in water, having no idea about the situation she's in. When she saw the other side, there's a girl standing far away staring at her. Jennifer stood up and walked in that direction. Soon that girl turned back and started walking away.

JENNIFER: Hey. Wait.

Even though, that girl kept walking and turned right.

JENNIFER: Hey you. I said wait.

Jennifer walked faster after her. When she turned rightward, saw a nurse working at the reception, but none around.

NURSE: [came towards Jenny] Is anything wrong, miss? JENNIFER: That girl I saw,

Said, looking in that direction. But she's nowhere.

NURSE: [looking back] I'm sorry. This is a psychiatric ward. People aren't allowed in here without permission. [Looking at her dress] Is there anything else that I can do for you?

JENNIFER: Yeah. [Felt embarrassed] A towel, maybe. And some water to drink, please.

NURSE: Sure.

WHAT'S HAPPENING? ARE THEY WALKING INTO DEATH BY THEMSELF? KEEP READING.