17. SHATTERED

Violet's standing at the window and looking outside from her room, where Agnes is talking with a few people, came by a van. After a few seconds, she escorted them inside the house. Creaking sound of the floor was approaching her room and soon, Agnes opened the door and said, "Time to go". A man came in and took the luggage and went outside. Remaining two people escorted Violet down to the van and took her from there.

...

JACOB: So, you sent her to an asylum. Even though you know that she's not just crazy.

AGNES: Yes. That's the only way I found to keep her away from my children and also alive at the same time.[Weepingly snivelled] but I failed.

...

It's a one bad stormy night, Agnes was sleeping in her room with her baby, Maisie and Evelyn are in their room. Suddenly Agnes woke up after the creak sound of the floor, she heard. She came out through the door and walked towards the room of Maisie and Evelyn, and took a peek inside. They're in a deep sleep on their beds. She took a breath and walked back to her room and saw Violet.

She's holding a knife and brutally stabbing her baby, her hands are dripping blood all over the floor. Agnes staggered and pushed her away. Holding her baby, she sobbed her heart out. Violet stood up, attacked her with the knife again which slitted her right side of the face. After some struggle Agnes picked the vase from the table and thrashed it on her head.

When Violet got knocked out for a bit, Agnes kept a hand on her wound and ran to her daughter's room, saw they were already awake, and told them to lock the door. She went downstairs to make a call to the police. But the wire of the telephone was already cut off. Suddenly she heard a loud scream, ran back upstairs and saw Violet was trying to push Evelyn out from the window and Maisie's crying and trying to stop her by pulling her dress. Agnes got completely vexed and with anger, she grabbed the knife that was laying on the floor and slit Violet's throat.

...

"I took her body to the well nearby in the woods and dropped it. That's the last time I saw her in the flesh. I don't know what we were running away from when she was alive but things got worse after she died. We tried to leave the town but failed every single time. I tried to get some help from the church but a lot of them refused to get even involved. A very few people tried to help us but they all died. One month.... One month I lived hell in this town trying to save my children but they died.

[Weepingly] I waited for her to kill me too. I've been waiting for 30 years for her to come to me and kill me. But she didn't. As long as the book was with me, I used to see her around me and also my daughters.

And, [sobbing] and living by myself in this house, I used to see that same stormy night where Violet comes and kills my children, again and again and again[She cried]every single night for 30 years. All the time I tried to stop her even though I knew it was not real. I guess this is how she planned to ruin our lives. [Wiped her eyes] When I felt I couldn't take it anymore, I passed it to Tartals.

From then on, I stopped seeing any of that, until it got into your hands. I don't know what's the reason behind it but all those visions and everything came back. [Angrily] It's all because of you little brats.", said Agnes.

EDWARD: I don't think it's really because of us.

STACY: Yeah. If it is, then why us?

AGNES: I don't know.

JACOB: Then we're gonna find it. Answers for everything. Come on guys.

AGNES: [when they are about to leave] I hope you will. Good

luck with that.[She smiled]

They went downstairs to get out and heard a gunshot.

Stacy was startled and turned back to go back upstairs but Edward grabbed her hand, " We have to go" he said and they walked out of that house. As they reached back to the cabin, they met Jenny at the door with tense.

STACY: What's wrong?

JENNIFER: [Looking at Jacob] Lily! She's not moving.