11. ICECREAM

"Stace! Stace! Come on. We gotta get off the bus.", said a lady.

When Stacy opened her eyes, seeing the person in front of her, "Mom!", said Stacy.

MRS.ORTIZ: Come on honey. We're gonna miss the stop.

And she grabbed Stacy's hand, got off the bus with her. They started walking by the foot path, Stacy's just been staring at her saying nothing. After a moment Mrs.Ortiz stopped.

MRS.ORTIZ: [looking at the shop on the other side of the road,] I remember that you asked for an icecream yesterday. Wanna have one now?

Stacy's still confused and didn't answer her. They both crossed the road and entered the shop. Her mother opened the refrigerator, pulled an ice cream bar, opened it and handed it to Stacy. She was numb, stood still and said nothing but looking at her face.

"Stacy!"Mrs.Ortiz called her with a loud voice. Stacy came to her senses and looked around.

MRS.ORTIZ: Haha.... Come on dear, Have it. We have to go home fast or else your father will be upset.

STACY: [started gasping with anxiety] No.... Mom, we have to get out of here.

She flinched the ice cream, and grabbed her mother's hand to get out of that shop. Then she saw a man wearing a black mask, coming through the main door. "It's happening again.

It's happening again", said Stacy panicked.

STACY: [Pulling Sarah's hand] Come on mom. We have to hide.

But Mrs.Ortiz was not moving. She's just standing over there and staring at her.

STACY: [weeping] Mom. What are you doing? Come with me.

Then suddenly she heard two gunshots. When she rolled her eyes down, blood was spreading all over the clothes of her mother and she's about to fall. That moment, it felt like Kairos for her. Stacy went closer, holding her in her arms, hugged her and sobbing her heart out, saying,

"Mom...please.. please... please....no....".

"You got a chance, but you didn't save her", Stacy

heard a girl's voice.

STACY: What?

Stacy opened her eyes and looked around. She saw nothing but the darkness everywhere and was hearing the dripping of water. Soon her mother's body decayed into bones. She gasped and stood up, slowly she started walking.

"You killed your mother for the second time", Stacy heard again.

STACY: That's not true..... how can this happen?

That girl laughed.

STACY: [quivering] Who are you?

Suddenly her leg got pulled and she fell. When Stacy's knees and hands touched the floor, she noticed there's blood everywhere. she's been walking in a room filled with it. Her hands were dripping blood and also through the walls that were around.. Stacy was shocked and her anxiety increased.

She's wheezing like her heart might stop.

When she suddenly fell off the bed and opened her eyes, realized that it was all just a dream. She looked at her hands, when she found nothing on them, she wiped the sweat off her face and walked towards the wash bowl.

While brushing her teeth,in the mirror, she saw some blood on her face. She got spooked for a second andlooked away. Taking a small gulp, she slowly looked back again and foundnothing. Stacy took a breath, said to herself, that it was just a nightmare,there's nothing to worry about and she's doing totally fine. She took a deepbreath, played some music on, took a towel and went into the bathroom, lockedthe door. Turning the shower on, she started humming and washing herself.

After a few seconds, she smelled something very

foul. And the water slowly started turning into red, reeking of blood. Looking at herself, in the mirror which is opposite to her, Stacy got stunned. Her whole body is covered with blood.

Her heart started pounding so hard.

Stacy panicked and turned the shower off. She grabbed the towel, wrapped herself and tried to open the door. But it was locked from the other side. While she's noticing, the music outside, turned off.

STACY: Ed... Ed is that you?

But she heard no answer.

"Somebody let me out of here", Stacy screamed, pulling the doorknob. After a few seconds, the door opened at once and Stacy fell outside. Fell into that same shop. It was dark. And filthy. Slowly, she heard a cracking sound from a distance, which was terrific. Stacy slowly turned and looked over there trembling. It's the cash counter, where a dreadful young woman is standing and is slowly rotating her head backward towards Stacy giving that same freaky cracking sound. The whole moment felt so tremendous, Stacy quickly crawled back into the bathroom, closed the door and sat at a corner, weak and trembling with fear.

WAIT. WHY EVERYONE RECALLING THEIR BITTER PAST? IS THE BOOK USING THEIR WEAKNESS. BUT, WHAT IS THERE IN THAT BOOK? WHOSE BOOK IS IT? TO KNOW THAT KEEP ON READING.