23. CHOSEN ONE

Stacy picked a stone from the grass and broke the glass of the window. Through the hole, she opened the lock and sneaked inside.

Slowly by groping in the darkness, she found a lamp. She took it and she started searching for that book in every rack. But she found nothing. By searching and searching, after sometime she reached the entrance of the library and saw watch man was sitting on a chair facing the other side. Trying to hide herself, she accidentally dropped a book from the rack and was startled.

After a few seconds, scared of getting caught, slowly she peeked at him and realized he didn't even move an inch. Suspiciously she reached him slowly and poked him from behind. Soon his hand slipped and the book dropped on the floor. She slowly went forward and learned that he's already dead, horribly. Stacy's terrified and grabbed the book from there and ran away.

JENNIFER: Jacob! Jacob!

Jacob came out of shock. Sitting at a corner trembling and weeping

JACOB: This is all my fault. First Grace and now Ed. They both died because of me.

JENNIFER: Jacob! You need to snap out of it. We have bigger things to worry about. Stacy's gone and it's been,..............

Suddenly door opened and Stacy entered inside. She went straight towards Robert and said, " I got what you want, now it's all on you to save us"

JENNIFER: You could've just called me.

STACY: Sorry if I scared you. It was just a flick of the mind. [with Robert] You got the book. Now tell us what's your plan.

ROBERT: [looking at the book with fear] As I expected.

STACY: What happened?

ROBERT: Things are a way beyond than just Violet. This isn't the book I helped her with. Something has changed.

JENNIFER: What do you mean by you helped?

JACOB: Mr. Wilson! Are you the same Wilson who used to work with Margaret Williams?

ROBERT: Yes.

JENNIFER: What?

ROBERT: I knew things won't be the same in this town after Margaret died. I also warned Patrick to leave this town with Violet, but he never listened. I stayed for few days, and observed her. When I sensed that it was coming, I left the town.

JENNIFER: What was coming?

ROBERT: All these days, it was searching.

JENNIFER: Mr. Wilson, what are saying?

ROBERT: It was searching for a host. It's not too late. We can stop it, before it finds one.

STACY: We are confused. What are you talking about?

He gave a pause once he saw water was flowing out of the room where Lily's asleep. Jennifer turned around and once she looked at it, she ran into the room and learned Lily's not in the bed and water was coming from the bathroom.

JACOB: [Holding the door knob] Lily, are you in there? Lily?

JENNIFER: Move.

She said and opened the door. All they saw was the bathtub filled and water flowing out of it. And Lily's doll, floating on the surface.

Jacob went forward by trembling, sat on his knees and took the doll out of the water.

JACOB: [Holding it and with cracked voice] She can't be dead, right?

Robert walked inside and after seeing the situation, "No. She's the chosen one", he said.

JACOB: What does that mean?

[Robert stood still and said nothing like that he doesn't know how to answer to that question]