07. VALLE CRUCIS

Jennifer rushed into the house and walked upstairs.

Seeing her, Mrs.Flores followed.

MRS.FLORES: Jenny! Did something happen?

JENNIFER: I'll tell you later Aunt Anna.

Entered her room and started packing.

MRS.FLORES: Are you going back to New York?

JENNIFER: No. Not New York.

She took her bag and headed downstairs. MRS.FLORES: [following her] Then where? And what about the book?

JENNIFER: That is where I'm going. To get it.

MRS.FLORES: [ grabbing her wrist] Wait. It's not with you?

JENNIFER: No. Jacob took it somewhere. Without telling us.

MRS.FLORES: I told you. It's not a thing to play around.

JENNIFER: I know. And I hope Jacob has a proper explanation for this.

MRS.FLORES: Where is he now?

JENNIFER: A town named Valle Crucis. Auntie. I gotta go now. They're expecting me to come fast.

MRS.FLORES: No. You are not going anywhere.

JENNOFER: Aunty I have to. I promised you that I will get you that book. Remember?

MRS.FLORES: [Staring at her] Promise me..... one more thing then. promise me that you'll be safe.

JENNIFER: Yes. I will

Said Jenny and then left.

Jacob's standing in front of a door of a small farm house, knocking it. After a few seconds a lady slightly opened the door and answered , "yes!".

JACOB: Are you Agnes Williams?

MRS.WILLIAMS: Yes. What do you want?

JACOB: My name is Jacob Rivera and I want to know

everything about this book. [And showed the book]

MRS.WILLIAMS: Why do you think I know anything about it? I don't know what that book is. So, please leave.

When she's about to close the door.

"Because you are the one who gave this to Billie Tartal. Didn't you? [Exhales]So did he to me.", said Jacob.

MRS.WILLIAMS: Then you must know what to do next. So, there's no point in coming to me.

JACOB: But I don't want to.

Agnes opened the door completely and Jacob saw her other side of the face which was scarred through her eye, looked horrible.

MRS.WILLIAMS: [softly with a smile] Of Course you don't. You haven't seen anything though. I don't own that thing, to know everything about it. So, get your ass out of my lawn.

She said with a raised voice and slammed the door.

After a while Jacob came to his cabin, He's so tired

that he laid on the bed, closing his eyes for a moment.

He's hearing the rattling of the wind outside followed by the rain pattering. In between a slight squeaking sound made Jacob anxious. When he opened his eyes, the room was totally dark.

He stood up and grabbed his mobile. But it's

battery's dead already. Slowly by groping in the darkness, he found a candle in a drawer. He lit it on and walked outside the room.

Looking all over, he walked into the kitchen and stepped on the water which is spreaded randomly all over the floor. He kept the candle aside and followed the path and learned that it came from the back door which is open.

Jacob walked out the door and looked around. All he found was the mist and the jet black forest far away. He walked back in, closed the door and turned around to go back in.

When he walked 2 steps forward, he started hearing some cracking sounds of the bones.

Someone's standing behind him.

Jacob felt petrified and slowly turned back holding his breath.

And there's no one. He took a breath and turned forward. Suddenly a girl in a soaked body grabbed his throat and lifted him up against the wall. Her face was mostly covered with hair and she looked ghastly.

JACOB: [Chokingly] Who.. are... you?

When someone pounded at the main door, she disappeared in thin air, and Jacob fell on the ground coughing, and he looked around. In a minute Jacob made himself up to the door and opened it.

JACOB: What are you doing here?

Billie smiled.

JACOB: [Rudely] What do you want?

BILLIE: Your words made me realize, there might be a way to keep an end to this once and for all.

JACOB: [Surprised] Really. [Letting him in] Come on, tell me how.

BILLIE: Where is the book? I'll show you while having a drink.

Entered Billie inside with a wine bottle and

holding a knife in his back pocket.........

BILLIE SEEMS SUSPICIOUS. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. 

OPEN THE NEXT CHAPTER AND START READING