21. Pushed Too Far

Layla awoke in the middle of the night. The storm had tapered off to a soft rainfall, the droplets spotting the delicate rice paper panels on the outside doors. Panels of silk surrounded the bed, creating a thin veil of privacy for the couple.

Layla lifted her head to gaze down at Toga's sleeping face, the strangest sensation overcoming her. Warmth glowed inside her as bright as the sun. She had no name for what she was feeling, it went beyond anything she had ever felt before.

Brushing a wavy strand of hair off his, cheek Layla caressed the tip of one pointed ear in awe of what occurred between them only hours earlier. On some level everything had changed. This amazing, wonderful man. I am truly blessed to have him in my life. If I return to my own time, I will lose him. Could I throw this man away for my career? I'm not my mother. I can't treat people so callously.

More importantly, would she be allowed to stay if she chose to? This was not her time. She was an outsider who chanced upon this world. Of all the time-traveling romances she had read over the years, very few ended happily with the couple together. Most were star-crossed, destined to meet, fall in love, and then be ripped apart.

What if Layla and Toga were also doomed to that fate?

Hair falling around her like a curtain, Layla leaned down and kissed him, his heart beating steadily beneath her palm. All I can do is live in the present and cherish every single moment with him.

Toga's lips moved against hers, his pulse quickening beneath her hand as he awoke. A breathtaking smile curved his lips as he gazed up at her and that strange feeling in her chest brightened.

"My lady, I trust you are well rested?" His arm tightened around her waist possessively. Capturing her chin, he brought her down for a demanding kiss that curled her toes.

Gathering her close, Toga rolled them over, his gaze darkening with lust as he loomed over her, two hundred and thirty pounds of glorious muscle stretched over her. "My own rest has revived me enough for another performance." He purred seductively.

"I'm ready for another round myself." Layla volunteered eagerly, growing wet at the thought of him going down on her again.

His cock hardened as the intoxicating fragrance of her arousal perfumed the air. Toga had something else in mind. He nudged her legs apart and sank into her wet warmth with a low groan.

Layla cried out at the sudden invasion, arcing against him as fire spread through her core. Her eyelids fluttered close, absorbing the delicious sensation of him filling her up. It felt so good to have him sheathed inside her. He started to move lazily at first and then with more urgency.

Layla panted, her breasts heaving as Toga thrust into her hard and fast.

He lifted her hips slightly, hitting that sweet spot deep inside her with every quick stroke. She groaned, clinging to his shoulders, helpless in the onslaught of passion.

Her orgasm hit with a thunderous crash, wave after wave of pleasure that sent her spiraling up into the nebulous light that filled her.

God, he was spectacular! She thought fervently, looking up at him hazily as he grunted above her seeking his own release.

Layla felt a familiar tension building between her legs as she peaked toward another orgasm. They came together. Toga silenced her frantic cries with his mouth, his answering growl echoing down her throat.

Toga stilled above her, silken strands of his hair curling around her head. Bracing his hands on either side of his head, he gazed down at his beautiful mate, her lovely pale skin glistening with sweat. He pressed a kiss in the valley between her breasts, his breathing uneven.