3 AM

Toga has a rude awakening and Sakura gives him an embarrassing surprise. He learns sometimes being a dad can be rough.

Sakura's high-pitched wail jerked Toga out of a deep sleep. He rolled onto his back with a groan and threw his arm over his eyes. It couldn't have been long since the last time she woke up. He was beginning to get worried. Did babies need so much attention at night?

"What's wrong?" Layla lifted her head from the pillow and looked at him with bleary eyes. "Sakura again?" She ran a hand over her hair. "I suppose it's my turn."

"No." Toga dropped his arm and smiled tiredly. "I can handle it. Go back to sleep, beloved."

When his wife did not get enough sleep, she became snappish and impatient. As a demon, Toga did not require as much sleep as a human. Though Layla was half-faerie she slept as much has she had before her awakening.

Layla yawned. "You won't get any argument from me." She settled back under the covers.

Toga kept the lights off, using his superior night vision to navigate the hall to the nursery. The small room was attached to their bedroom. They kept the door open at night in case Sakura needed them.

Toga lifted her from the crib and settled her in the crook of his arm. Her tiny face was red and splotchy. "There, there. Your, papa is here." He soothed, stroking the tuft of white hair on her crown.

Sakura blinked, her wet green eyes slowing focusing on Toga's face. One tiny hand smacked his shoulder. "Are you hungry?"

In response, she smacked her lips.

Toga chuckled. "That's a yes."

In the kitchen, he found a bottle of Layla's breast milk in the fridge. Working at the university she couldn't nurse Sakura, so she had resigned herself to pumping her breasts 'like milking a dairy cow', to quote her.

Shaking his head at his wife's wit, Toga warmed the bottle with a bottle warmer and double-checked the temperature. "Your mother, has a strange sense of humor."

A small foot kicked him in the chest, and Sakura scrunched her face up.

"Papa, isn't criticizing your mother. I find her wit endearing." Despite his reassuring words Toga received another kick as if to say 'hurry up.' "Alright, alright. Here's your bottle."

Toga elevated Sakura's head so she wouldn't choke while she ate. Her eyelids lowered as she sucked contentedly on the bottle.

Walking slowly through the cottage he ambled into the living room and stood in front of the window. A thick bank of clouds hid the moon, the ground covered in thick shadow.

Layla's mother was expected to arrive tomorrow. He knew she was nervous about meeting with Ailbhe. Toga had yet to meet her and only had his wife's impressions to go on. What he knew of Layla's mother did not impress him.

If Ailbhe said anything to hurt Layla, he would make the older woman regret it.

Toga looked down at Sakura her small hands clamped against the bottle. He swelled with pride.

His sweet little girl. Toga was the only man in the world who had endured the trial of childbirth thanks to the bond he shared to Layla. All the pain was worth it to bring this sweet child into the world.

Toga bent his head to kiss her cheek. A damp warmth spread across his palm, where he clutched Sakura's bottom. The scent of urine was pungent. Toga lifted the bottle from her mouth. "Someone needs a diaper change."

Sakura reached for the bottle, her frustration evident.

"After we take care of some business." Toga promised.

He carried her into the nursery and placed her on the changing table. With practiced ease, Toga swiftly removed the dirty diaper, dumping it in the trash. As he wiped her bottom, Sakura's tiny face scrunched up and she did the other part of her business on his hands.

Toga's eyes watered. The smell was horrendous. "Layla?" He raised his voice. "Can you come here?"

He heard the rustle of sheets and Layla's firm steps as she hurried into the nursery. "Is Sakura...all...right..." She trailed off as she saw the mess on Toga's hands.

The corner of her lip twitched.

"Its not funny." Toga growled which set Layla off.

Layla busted up laughing. "My god, your face." She clutched a hand over her middle. "It's absolutely priceless. I, mean, what are the odds?"

Thankfully, the dark room hid the embarrassed flush riding his cheekbones. "You'll have to finish up here while I wash my hands."

His wife's laughter followed him.

Toga sighed.

Sometimes there was no dignity in being a parent.

A/N: I hope you liked it. I have to Google a lot of this baby stuff. I've never had kids or even babysat. There's a lot I don't know. I know these one-shots aren't action-packed but I prefer going in chronological order for events. I am going to reveal some big info about other ATT characters, so hang in there.