Layla Meets Toga's Ex

Sesshomaru comes for a visit. Layla and Inu-Kimi meet for the first time and well, it goes about as well as you'd expect. Poor Toga is in for it!

"I do not understand why you insisted coming along." Sesshomaru told his mother as they slipped through the front gate to the picturesque country cottage.

Inu-Kimi heaved a dramatic sigh. "To meet my replacement of course. Your father has a weakness for mortal women. Bad enough when he took up with Izaiyoi but now he's bedding a foreigner! The shame on our family!"

Sesshomaru saw no reason to defend Layla Callahan against his mother's disdain or point out Inu- Kimi and Toga had been divorced for over a millennium. His mother took great pleasure in acting difficult.

He knocked on the front door.Almost immediately, Sesshomaru detected his father's scent on the other side, the Great Dog General's anger palpable. Toga threw the front door open. His furious gaze bypassed Sesshomaru and fixed on his former wife. "What are you doing here?"

"Its been such a long time. I wanted to see if you were still alive or if your newest human tart had gotten you killed." Inu-Kimi replied. "Looks like this one is not as helpless as Izaiyoi."

Sesshomaru had to admit Layla might be idiotic most of the time but she was not a damsel by any means. Especially since she'd begun her magic lessons with that annoying faerie who abducted Rin in the Feudal Era.

For a moment sorrow scudded across Toga's sharp features at the mention of his first love, before his face settled into a remote mask. "Tell me, what you want."

"Oh, we'll get to that in a moment." Inu-Kimi said and tossed her long hair over her shoulder.

Like Sesshomaru, Inu-Kimi had dyed her hair and concealed her markings to blend in with human society. She'd colored her white hair blonde and concealed her gold eyes behind brown contacts. His mother was dressed to the height of fashion, clad in a white Versace pantsuit and stiletto heels.

 Inu-Kimi smiled poisonously sweet at her ex-husband. "Toga, you're looking..." Trailing off deliberately she scanned his simple gray t-shirt with a mysterious green stain on the shoulder and plaid pants. "Hmm...never mind. Now, be a good host and invite me in for a cup of tea. Surely, you haven't lost all your manners over the centuries."

Reluctantly, Toga allowed his ex inside conscious of his wife in the vicinity. He escorted Inu-Kimi into the kitchen aware a blow up was imminent when Layla realized who was inside her house. Toga also knew a night on the sofa awaited him for letting Inu-Kimi inside but he had to get to the bottom of the demonness' presence. The woman was always scheming. 

Unlike many demons, Inu-Kimi had managed to survive in the Age of Man....unfortunately.

He gestured to the small dining table. "Have a seat."

Inu-Kimi pouted. "Aren't you going to pull out the chair for me?"

Toga narrowed his eyes. "Do not play games with me, Inu Kimi. I have not the time or patience for your childish behavior."

Inu-Kimi's smug smile slipped a fraction. "So, where's this red-headed floozy of yours?""Right here."

 Layla drawled appearing behind Toga. Resting a hand on his shoulder, she moved up beside him. "Who are you?"

"The wife of the Great Inutaisho." Inu-Kimi said then fake gasped. "Oops, I can be so careless sometimes. I mean, former wife."

Layla looked on the verge of exploding. She glared at Toga. "What the hell is this thing doing in my house?"

Holding his wife's angry gaze, Toga quickly tacked on an additional week of sofa exile to his tally. "Good question. I was about to get an answer."

Inu-Kimi tapped a purple fingernail against her chin, surveying Layla. "My, my, you're certainly a giant! I need a stool to stand on to look up at you! And that hair is such a garish red!" She laughed. Have you considered visiting a salon? I can book you an appointment with my stylist. Takeda is wonderful at handling...beauty emergencies."