Good Morning

Vampire sat up on the satin couch and looked at Licorice. He was still sound asleep, now slumped over the couch. Vampire laid their starring at the cookie. He remembered parts of last night, he recalled giving Lico a hug in an alley way and taking him home, nothing else. Part of him thought it was a dream from how sudden the reintroduction of an old friend was. Yet he couldn't deny the fact he was there, in his bedroom. He hoped this moment would freeze in place, so he could lay there forever along side Licorice, without the confrontation that will eventually need to happen at some point.

A loud knocking sound broke the silence and made Licorice wake up in a jolt. Vampire walked over to the bedroom door and cracked open the door just enough to allow him to peak out but not enough to see the entire room. The one knocking was Vampire's sister, Alchemist Cookie.

"Who did you bring home with you?!"

"mm... Nobody"

"Vampire, I heard footsteps, I never hear footsteps when you get home"

Shit. She's right, he floats everywhere. Especially after going to the bar.

"It's just a... friend of mine"

"As if! Mint choco has a girlfriend and Sparkling has standards."

Alchemist Cookie attempts to push the door open.

"C'mon, Vampire! Who are you sneaking in here!?!" She shouts.

Eventually, she prevails and is able to pry open the door, revealing Licorice Cookie, still seated on the couch. There is a moment of silence, as everyone takes in the situation.

"LICORICE COOKIE?!" Alchemist screamed.

Vampire rushed to cover her mouth. He was thankful they lived far from other cookies but he couldn't risk anyone possibly hearing her. She loosened from his grip and turned to face the vampire.

"What is the meaning of this?! Why is Licorice Cookie in our house?! He's dangerous!" She hissed.

"Like I said, he's my friend."

Alchemist looked at him with disbelief. She shook her head and walked out the door.

"You're not gonna tell anyone, Are you?" Licorice chimed in.

Alchemist stopped for a moment.

"I don't want anything to do with whatever you two got going on." She then shut the door and left.

"Aah, it'll be fine. Alchemist is chill" Vampire shrugged then headed back towards the couch and took back his spot.

     The two sat in silence. Vampire was still a bit hung-over but he was much more aware of the situation than he was the night before. However, he couldn't bare to let Licorice know that. He hoped if he acted as though he was still a bit drunk Licorice would stay longer. That's all Vampire wanted. He hadn't even known how much he missed the other cookie, all these years had past and he'd just drowned out the loss in wine. So much has happened to the other since they've split, but Vampire couldn't bare have it all ruin this moment for him. He just wanted his friend back.