After-Show

Everyone was leaving the Concert Hall as Vampire was walking in. The Concert was over and he had missed every bit of it. He walked around the other cookies, searching for Mint Choco or Sparkling or Herb or Alchemist even. As he squirmed through the crowd, he caught sight of blonde, bubbling hair and along side it, mint green with white highlights. He bolted through and caught up to the two.

"Vampire Cookie?!" Mint Choco exclaimed.

"Heyyy Minty! Sorry I missed the concert, bet you were great out there."

"It's fine, really. I'm just glad to see you again! It's been quite a while."

"It has," Vampire chuckled. "A lots been- going on for me."

Mint Choco patted Vampire on the back. "Well, take care of yourself, Vampire. I have to go meet someone, but hopefully I'll see you at the bar again sometime."

"Hopefully."

Mint Choco Cookie said his goodbyes to Sparkling and Vampire, leaving the duo alone. By the time Mint Choco was out of sight the rest of the crowd had dispersed. The street was practically empty, aside from the two.

"And Herb?" Vampire asked.

"He caught a cold. You know how the changing seasons get to him, specially winter."

"mhmm."

"Are you doing better?"

"hu? Oh, uhm, yeah- yeah. Better than I was."

"Yeah?"

     There was a moment of silence. Sparkling then sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"Vampire, I say this because I care about you, but... you really shouldn't be getting involved with Licorice Cookie"

     Vampire stopped for a moment. The comment felt so unprompted. Sparkling had never given such a direct response to Vampire's situation with Licorice. He usually stuck to outside comfort, straying from trying to offer any sort of solution or opinions.

"but-"

"Vampire, really. You've had me anxious as hell these past days. Your encounter with Licorice was lucky since he didn't have his scythe on hand. Who knows what can happen now that you've allowed him into your house!?" Sparking paused again. He tried to keep his composure, as he could tell his words were upsetting Vampire.

"You might've known Licorice before he was in the Darkness, but the cookie you knew then isn't the same one now. You need to take better care of yourself, and that'll start when you get passed all this. He's a danger to everyone in this kingdom, including yourself."

     With that, Sparkling walked off. Leaving the vampire completely alone.