Breakfast

Vampire was right to lead Licorice around the mansion by hand. They took turn after turn in what seemed like a maze of hallways. Licorice couldn't make out where they could be. If it weren't for a slight change in decor every hallway he would have sworn they were walking in circles. He wondered how a drunk could make it around this place.

After walking for what seemed like eternity, the two made it to the kitchen. For a mansion, the kitchen wasn't very extraordinary. It followed the same gothic aesthetic but it was a basic look and feel, very home-y.

Vampire Cookie let go of Licorice and began to rummage around the fridge and cabinets. Licorice stood near the wall and watched the Vampire. After a couple minutes of searching, Vampire lifted up his head to him and shrugged.

"What?"

"I don't know how to make any of this"

Licorice stood in awe. Of course he didn't. All these years apart and he still never bothered to learn to cook for himself.

"Here," Licorice walked towards Vampire, "I'll try to make something"

Licorice was far from a chef but he knew how to make some things. He looked through the cabinets and fridge to take in what he had to work with. Immediately he noticed a box of pancake mix. Perfect! He grabbed the box and presented it to Vampire.

"You like pancakes?"

Vampire smiled and nodded. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had pancakes. To be honest, he couldn't remember the last time he actually sat down to have a proper meal. This was a nice change in pace.

He watched as Licorice stirred and mixed. It was quite entertaining, he really got into it about half way, getting a little full of himself. He made sure Vampire had full sight of what he was doing, even checking in at times to make sure he was paying attention. Vampire wasn't really paying attention to the pancakes, more Licorice, he really made a little show of it. Vampire couldn't tell if he meant to actually teach him to make it himself or if he just wanted to show off. The ladder felt the most accurate. By the end, Licorice flipped the pancakes and set a stack into a plate. He then presented the plate to Vampire, pushing it towards him.

"Ta-daa!!" He exclaimed, clearly proud of his work. Vampire gave a entertained laugh and a small applause. Licorice gave a bow and distributed the pancakes.

     Vampire examined the pancakes for a moment as Licorice dug into his own. He picked up a quarter of the stack and ate it. It was so good.

"Mm, where'd you learn to make this"

"The box." Licorice displayed the, now partially empty, box of pancake mix to Vampire. The back had the three easy steps required to make the pancakes.

"Oh. Well, you're good at following instructions!"

     Licorice laughed. If he were good at following instructions he wouldn't get himself into trouble all the time.