To Soon

A/N: As a treat, the next two chapters will be extra long! You're welcome :)

As they finished their breakfast, the two continued to enjoy each other's company. They gradually moved to the lounge, where they continued their conversation. The two had almost forgotten their past or present and only focused on one another. Like old times. Talking for hours, laughing and joking about nothing and everything. Though, it couldn't last.

Licorice and Vampire were well in the middle of a conversation when a loud knocking came from the front door. Licorice hadn't even realized they were right at the entrance of the mansion. After a moment a voice rang through the door.

"Vampire, Are you in there?"

The voice was immediately familiar to Vampire. It was Sparkling Cookie.

Without moving from his seat he replied, "Yeah?Why do you ask?"

"You weren't at the Juice Bar. You usually are by now and I was worried. Are you alright?"

"Yeah! Great! But You should really go back to your bar"

"It's fine, I got someone to cover for me, really if you need anything I'm here-"

"-NO- Uh- Really I'm good, you can go!"

"I... Alright, if you say so..."

A few moments of silence went by and Vampire went and pressed his ear against the door, to check if he'd actually gone. Once he confirmed, he gave a sigh of relief. The was a close one. Couldn't have more cookies finding out Vampire was smuggling a Cookie of Darkness. He then headed back to his spot on the couch.

"It's alright," Vampire reassured Licorice, "He's gone now."

Licorice was silent for a moment.

"What time is it?" He asked

Vampire looked confused, however, he still answered. "3 p.m"

The afternoon. Licorice panicked, remembering how he'd even gotten here to begin with. He'd lost Poison Mushroom, he'd tried to get out of the kingdom, he lost his scythe, and now he'd spent the entire day with Vampire cookie. He should've left sooner. He should've slipped away while Vampire was asleep last night. Instead he cuddled up with the vampire and made him breakfast. This was bad. Pomegranate cookie would never let him hear the end of it if she knew, and Dark Enchantress Cookie would surely throw him out of the Cookies of Darkness for getting so sidetracked. So... why did he want to stay? Why has there a small part of him that wanted to continue to sit with Vampire, to talk with him, cook with him, sleep along side him...

No. He couldn't. He'd given his pledge to the Darkness. It's what he's meant to do.

"I have to go." Licorice said. He got up and headed towards the door. He was stopped by Vampire holding onto his sleeve. He turned his head to face the vampire.

"I have to go, Vampire Cookie."

Licorice shook his arm, making Vampire losen his grip on the sleeve. Once he was free Licorice tried to make it to the door but was once again stopped. This time, by Vampire hugging his waist. He was nearly on his knees.

"Why?" Vampire croaked. He sounded like he was just about to cry. Vampire didn't mean to sound so distraught by Licorice saying he had to leave, but he did and he was. Vampire was embarrassed of the visceral reaction but he couldn't help it. He tried to hold in his tears and whimpers but his attempts failed miserably. Licorice stood in shock. He starred at the now sobbing cookie. Vampire's grip loosened as he continued to cry into Licorice's cloak.

Between tears, Vampire uttered, "Don't leave me again."

Licorice's heart raced. What could he do now? He didn't expect such a reaction from Vampire and Vampire didn't expect their time to end so soon. To soon.

"Why'd you have go?"

"huh-?"

"Why did you leave me? We were gonna work together!" Vampire took in a deep breath. He was crying so hard he didn't even know what he was saying at that point. All he knew was it came from the deep part of his heart that still loved Licorice Cookie despite everything. "We could've been together..."

Licorice's face flushed. What was he saying?! Part of him wanted to believe Vampire was still drunk. That once he could get out of here, Vampire would sober up, forget everything, and move on happily with his day, but he knew better. Vampire wasn't drunk anymore. He hadn't been all day. This was real. This was the confrontation he had dreaded the night before.

Vampire lifted himself up, his arms still around the cookie's waist, and faced Licorice.

"We could still be together..." he said

Licorice stared into Vampire's eyes, that were still watery. Those words echoed in his mind. His heart beating faster and faster. He placed his hands on Vampires upper chest.

He pushed himself away from Vampire. Vampire stumbling back but quickly found his footing. Licorice stood in place shocked at his own action for a moment.

"I'm-" His voice breaking slightly. "-I'm sorry."

Licorice opened the front door and dashed out of it. Running straight into the woods. Sobbing and panting the entire time. Not focusing on where he's headed, only on getting away.

Vampire collapsed to the floor. His chest tightening as it became harder for him to breath. Choking on his own tears, he wiped his eyes to go and find his bedroom. To do what he knew best. Sleep.