" Going Home "

There was a sudden vibration of the floor, which quickly woke up Vampire Cookie. Tables and chairs alike slightly rattled with every heavy step into the bar. The clinking and shifting of metal rang through the mostly-empty room. As Vampire lifted his head up, still a bit sleepy, he saw Sparkling rush to the figure approaching. He could barely make out most of the shapes around him, as his deep nap had blurred his vision slightly. Vampire slowly stabled himself on a shelf and by the time he was able to see clearly the figure was gone and Sparkling was right in-front of him.

"Vampire, go home. Now." The demand sounded urgent yet everything was so quiet. Maybe too quiet?

"Huh? Why?"

"Vampire, it's serious. It'll be best if you just go home and come back tomorrow."

"uhg, okay Sparkle. See ya'."

"Straight home."

"mmhm"

     He could feel something wrong. As Vampire walked out, he noticed it was sunset. It was beautiful, but... why was the streets so quiet? There were usually a crowd at the bar by now and the streets would be full of cookies. Vampire knew what Sparkling had told him but, he had to get to the bottom of this. If it was so serious shouldn't he have told him what exactly? Vampire sort of knew what was up, at least he thought he did. He just had to see if he was right.

     Vampire walked the same path he'd take home, except once he was out of sight from the bar, he booked it. He flew and floated all around the kingdom trying to find someone, anyone. Then, he did. He caught sight of a woman, with a long, blonde braid sprouting out of a hat. He made contact back with the floor and walked over to her.

"Heyy, What's going on? Where is everyone?"

"Hm?" The cookie turned towards Vampire. "You ain't heard? Supposed Cookies of Darkness went an' got in the kingdom. We' caught a glimpse o' Licorice Cookie a while ago. Who knows how many more of 'em are 'round these parts."

     Vampire was dead silent. He knew it! Sparkling had probably thought Vampire would try to find Licorice if he knew he was in the kingdom again. And you know what? He was right. That was the first thought that ran through Vampire's head.

"I see. Thanks for telling me."

"Anytime. Now, you better head on home. Wouldn't want any cookie gettin' hurt now."

"Yeah, Yeah..."