Confrontation

A/N: Parts may be released farther apart, I'm taking classes over the summer and it's been very time-consuming. Apologies in advance

     After the trip to Hollyberry and back, Vampire was exhausted. Not only from the day of walking around the kingdom, but the stressful night they had when they ran into Mint Choco and Cocoa. Once Vampire got home, he threw himself onto his bed and slept for hours and hours.

     Once Vampire had awoken, it was about afternoon of the next day. He could only tell by the sliver of sun that shone through the dark curtains. He decided to go see his bar friends and perhaps get a drink of the wine he loved. It has been nearly two days since he's last had wine from Sparkling Cookie's Juice Bar; it was always his favorite.

As he walked down the stairs to the entrance, he was stopped in the living room. In there, he found his friends: Sparkling, Herb and even Mint Choco Cookie. Alchemist was also there, siting amongst the three. Once Vampire entered the room, the four turned at him. Vampire could feel something was off. He gave a slight wave to the group.

"Hey guys, what are you all doing here..?" he asked.

     Vampire sat on a couch across from the group. They all looked at one another before Sparkling cookie began to speak.

"So, Vampire, how was your 'blind date'." he said, with air-quotes.

     Vampire looked confused, until it dawned on him. He looked over to Alchemist, shooting draggers at the cookie. She simply shrugged. Vampire had asked Alchemist to make something up if Sparkling were to ask where he was over the weekend. That must've been it.

So, Vampire decided to play along. "Great!" he claimed.

Sparklingly lifted an eyebrow at him. "Really? Well, good to know your 'blind date' with Licorice cookie went well."

Vampire dropped his forced smile and groaned. He looked at Mint Choco cookie, who he figured must've told Sparkling.

"Don't looked at me." Mint Choco said. "I didn't even need to say anything, he already knew."

"Wha- How!?"

"Clover saw you with Licorice in the woods. He told me" Herb confessed.

"And then Herb told me." Sparkling chimed in.

"Uhg, guys- It's really not a big deal, he's just a friend-"

"That's not what you told Cocoa and I" Mint Choco said.

"No- that was just a misunderstanding! I didn't realize she thought he was my boyfriend and by the time I realized it would have been weird to correct her!"

"Okay but you don't just share a room with a cookie and tell them you love them before you go to sleep if they are 'just a friend'"

     Vampire stared, wide-eyed at Mint Choco, along with the others, who intently listened in.

"Wh- what? Who- Did I-?"

"You don't remember?- Oh yeah, you were pretty drunk."

Vampire went silent for a moment. The rest of the room waited patiently for his reaction.

"What did Licorice say-?"

"Vamp!" Sparkling snapped.

"I'm just curious!!" Vampire defended.

Mint Choco cookie leaned further in the couch and simply shrugged, "Uhm- I don't know, I didn't hear anything after that."

Vampire looked down and sighed before pulling himself up and preparing what he would say.

"Okay, Licorice and I hang out sometimes, what's the big deal!"

"The big deal is it's Licorice?!" Sparkling blurted.

"but, He's not bad! All that evil stuff is just the Darkness-"

"Which he's apart of!" Alchemist finally spoke. "Seriously Vampire, What would the other cookies think if they found out!"

"I'd hope they'd think he's not all evil- bec-"

"Vampire, have you even considered maybe he's using you?" Mint choco speculated.

Vampire stopped. He stared at Mint Choco. He was speechless.

"I didn't say anything back in Hollyberry because Cocoa was there but- really Vampire- this could just be another one of the Darkness' schemes."

Vampire swallowed hard. He kept his composure but still visibly quivered as he spoke. "No," he began, "No, he wouldn't... "

"Vampire..." Sparkling sighed. He rest his hand on the cookie's shoulder before Vampire quickly shook it off.

Vampire shakily inhaled before beginning to speak once more. "He wouldn't do that. It's not like him... He's my ... f-friend." He took a deep breathe and pushed back his hair. Straightening his posture, he began to speak again, "You guys don't need to worry about me, things have been fine! Why can't you all believe that?"

Sparkling cookie looked over to Alchemist, Herb and Mint Choco. They all seemed to simultaneously give up on continuing any sort of argument. Sparkling, however, wasn't over it. He understood Vampire's perspective but he couldn't shake an uneasy feeling. He wanted to keep his friend safe but how could he if it came at the expense of his happiness?

Finally, Sparkling stood up from the seat and sighed.
"Alright. I trust you, just... if anything seems off, tell us? Please."

Vampire nodded his head, a faint smile appearing across his face. "Alright."

Sparkling began to walk towards the other cookies and set a hand over the couch.
"The bar's gonna be open tomorrow. See you then, Vampire."

Vampire waved as his three friends walked out the door. Alchemist left to her room to continue doing who-knows-what.

Vampire stayed seated alone in the large room. He poured himself a glass of the juice from Hollyberry. However, as delicious the drink was, he hesitated to drink it. He swished the drink around for a moment, inspecting the liquid suspiciously. Doubts piled in his mind more and more. Before they stayed too long, he drowned it all out with a drink.