Chapter 3

KIARA

"Would you teach me the chapter reproduction? Umm, by conducting practicals?" The moment I heard those words from that guy's mouth, I understood what he meant. And I felt disgusted. He dared to disrespect a girl in front of a room full of people, and if he thinks he can get away with it, he is wrong.

I slap him, hard, in front of the whole class. Everyone's eyes fell on me as they saw me doing that. Everyone was shocked. And I looked at him, who was rubbing his cheek and trying to get a hold of his anger.

"You know, before you learn microbiology and clear the concepts of biology, you need to go back to the first standard to learn moral science," I yell at him.
He looked at me with those angry eyes, trying to threaten me, but why should I get scared.

"How can you say something so cheap like this to a girl? How?" I was frustrated and was yelling at him while the whole class had their eyes fixed on us.

Well, to be honest, I was scared. I looked at that guy and I was scared at his audacity that he dared to say such things to me in a room full of people. And he said those in such a manner that everyone hears it. And it scared me because when one can say those words in front of fifty people, he can do that when alone as well.
But this time, I won't let my fear take over me, because one thing I know very well, I should have courage in me. Because without the courage to do anything, a person gets nothing in life.

"You, what's your name?" I asked him in a distasteful voice. I should know the name of the man who tried to crush my dignity. I looked at him, trying my best to bury the fear I felt deep down in me, but all I could see was him, looking at me, with his dangerous and angry eyes.

"Speak," I tell again. I wanted to humiliate him to the core for what he did. "Avinash Rane," he told me his name.

"So, Mr Avinash Rane, if I hear one more disgusting word from you, you will be standing in front of the principal's room, getting yourself expelled," I warn him.

"Oh really?" He replied and I looked at him. His eyes depicted pure anger, he didn't even learn the lesson that I taught him and it made me feel more furious.

"Yes, and do learn to respect women because I think you will be having women in your home as well, like your mother. How will you feel if someone says anything like this to your mom?" I asked. Shit, now he will snap, I shouldn't have said that.

"Don't involve my mom in this," he grinned.
"She should be involved, because if she taught you to respect women, you wouldn't be saying something so disgusting to me," I hit him back and then walked out of the classroom.

The moment I walk out of the classroom, I rushed towards the washroom. I reached there, and luckily it was empty. I looked at the mirror, and the next moment, tears started rolling down through my eyes. I started to cry bitterly thinking about the words he said to me.

It was sexual harassment, he tried to harass me sexually through his words. The words sent shivers down my spine. The words which scared me to the core. Yeah, it might have seemed like it was not a big deal, but it is. Imagine, someone, raping you through his eyes or words, what impact does it create on your mental sanity. The fear, that if he can say those to me, he can do that as well. And all of it scared me at that moment.

As I cried, I felt like I was choking on my voice. I felt suffocated and I couldn't get rid out of the feelings. I splashed water on my face multiple times to calm myself down, but none of it did seem to work at that moment. God, please help me. Mukul, I miss you.