Chapter 18

KIARA

The moment I entered college, I was utterly surprised. The scene I saw made me feel uncomfortable to an extent and I felt conscious about myself.

"Milan, you had to escape today?" I cussed Milan under my breath as I looked around the campus.

The students present on the campus were looking at me. And their look made me feel scared. I still remember that day when the entire college wanted to attack me for something I haven't committed and I felt like no one could save me, but Milan barged in the right time and saved me, but today, he is not even present here.

I looked around and noticed the eyes on me. Those eyes weren't full of anger or hatred, I could sense the guilt in those eyes. But guilt? Why are these people looking at me with guilt? What had happened?

I felt nervous so I clutched my bag tightly and walked towards my classroom. I just wanted to escape from people's eyes. I avoided everyone and almost ran towards the college.

The moment I entered my classroom, I settled down on my bench and sighed. I had no idea what happened and I had no intentions of knowing that.

"Hey, Kiara. We are sorry," one of my classmates approached and apologized to me.
"Sorry? What happened?" I was completely confused and I stared at her like I was staring at a blank.
"Don't you know what had happened?" She straight asked me.
"No," I nodded.
"Check on the social media of our group where all the college students are the members. Avinash has posted something there."

The moment I heard Avinash's name. Fear crept into me once again. What does this guy want? Why can't he leave me alone? I quietly took out my phone and logged into my social media account and checked the post made by Avinash on the group.

The moment I saw the post, I wasn't ready for another shocker.

"Hey everyone,

I have a confession to make today. There is this girl, I think everyone knows her, Kiara Thakre. I want to publicly apologise to her for my mistakes.

Now you must be thinking about what mistakes. Well, first, I never said sorry when I teased her in class. That was almost a sexual assault. Second, she never dared to attack me with goons or tried to kill me, on the blame of which I sent her to jail. She never did that, all the allegations were false, and I did that just to humiliate her for the slap she gave me a couple of days before my stunt.

And third, it was my uncle who punished me by smacking me in such a way. Just because he caught me sexually harassing Kiara. Yes, I harassed her once more and that's why I was punished in such a way. Kiara wasn't at fault. It was all me and I am honestly sorry for that. If you guys can, then please forgive me."

I couldn't comprehend what Avinash wanted after reading the entire post. I have no idea what he wanted to do now. I didn't feel anything, I felt completely blank.

"Well, Avinash has received detention for 6 months and the principal of the college has issued a public apology to you which is pinned on the notice board. He has also said that if you want, you can take legal actions against Avinash and principal sir," she informed me.

I wasn't in any state to understand or react. I immediately got up from my seat and walked out of the classroom.
I had no idea where was I walking, I just knew I had to go somewhere before a voice interrupted me.

"Kiara," it was Avinash.
I turned towards him and I felt angry at him. My anger was at a different level at that time.

"What do you want?" I immediately asked him.
"I want to donate a kidney to your mother in law," he replied.