Epilogue

RUDRANEEL

That was the first time I had pointed my gun at her with the intention to shoot her. But, I couldn't shoot her, I couldn't kill her because I loved her too much.

And yes, I did a mistake. I should have heard her, I should have heard what she had to say because if I did that, maybe I could have kept her innocence intact and she wouldn't have turned the way she did after that day. If I heard her, maybe our story would have been different and it wouldn't have had such an end.
Maybe, she would have loved me the way I wanted her to love me.

But that day, it changed everything in our lives. It changed drastically, and I had no idea how I was going to adapt to that change, but I did.
So much was left to unfold, so many revelations and truth, so many changes and so many feelings that in the end, our lives would have changed drastically.

But that day was the day, which marked our lives as such that there was no U-turn to it, and maybe that's why our story became one epic one and it would remain embedded in our hearts for forever.

NANDINI

That day, I killed the man I was eager to kill since I was a child. I avenged my mother's death. That man needed to die, and I took my revenge.

But that day, it changed everything for me as well. I lost the only family I had, my grandfather, Saheb. Yes, I hated him from the moment I got to know that he killed Kiara's mother, and I got to know that after that day.

But still, my Nanu was my everything and I lost him, that grief was unmatchable.

That day changed everything in my life as well. I had no idea that after that day, my life would turn as such. That day changed everything that I had planned in my life, and maybe, I don't regret it.

Yes, I do have certain regrets in my life, but do I repent that day and the series of events after that? Maybe no. Because that day, it gave me everything even after I lost my everything.

That day wasn't the end, it was the beginning.

This was the book 1 for the series, "MAFIA'S WIFE". There is a book 2.